PRESENT TIMELINE - YEAR 3033 - TRAINING A Trainee to a Legend in the Making

The divine priestess of the Grand Espoir Shrine, Selene, is one of the sole survivors from the "fateful day" as stated in the rumors. The only thought in her mind since that day is revenge, revenge to avenge the city's lost citizens. Luckily for Selene, her friend tagged along with her in Selene's attempt to discover everything about the world beyond her home. Ever since then, she's been training her arms off until she can perfect the art of being a warrior. Silene has seeked shelter from the elder elf from Paix. Clarisse, the elder elf, has been supporting Selene's training. She's in luck due to the fact that Clarisse is a veteran of the 2nd Mythic War; the opportunity is truly timely for Selene.

After days, weeks, months, even years of training! She has signed up for the Mist Border Guard Program. This is a better and improved training camp for aspiring warriors for the land of Arc En Ciel. The entrance exam for this prestigious program is extremely treacherous. However, Selene is more than ready for it. Her drive, her motivation, her preparations.. She thinks that nothing can stop her from getting into the program! She tries out the one week trial camp. Selene is one of the best-performing aspiring warriors, she has her ups and downs. Yet, the others do far worse than her own performance. Selene is able to befriend 2 people other than her original Flügel friend. The week goes on with a lot of fun and engaging activities.

A whole week has gone by, but for Selene it was just a blink of an eye with all the fun she's done. During the final selection of 10 out of 100 candidates. She's got her 2 friends along with her, although her original friend was left out as she didn't dish out enough. Silene felt joy, yet there was sadness in her heart about remembering what had happened years ago. The awardees of the position are mentioned one by one by the head instructor, stating "Candidate number 54, Silene Siona.. You're officially accepted into this program. You are official student number 8." She squealed with much joy!

She's all pumped up and ready for a new stage in her life. Knowing that she is one step closer into the road of vengeance to whoever massacred almost the entirety of the Flügel race. Being the calm yet fierce person she is, Selene strives to become the best in all tasks. During her first class, she has to practice the skill of flight. Selene is required to take 250 laps around the yard while in flight. With her motivation and goal, she's off to a great start! Even Mrs. Lavou said to herself, "Hm, she's quite the impressive student. I'll be keeping an eye on her." Even after exactly 200 laps wherein her fellow trainees are suffering from the tension and exhaustion, Silene still strives forward. This greatly impresses Mrs. Lavou and her other subordinates.

They day goes by every single second, but it felt like a single minute before it became lunch time! Selene said this to herself silently with a worried tone, "Oh, but I have not stated a single thing about what creature I truly am, a Flügel, the destroyed race. This will probably backfire sometime, but hopefully not soon.." Her friend, Lisanna, pat her back and shocked her. After being snapped out of that reflection. Silene went along with her two friends waving right in front of her saying, "Selene! Let's goooo!" She replied with a smile and a chuckle or two. The girls gleefully went on eating their lunch, while her friend Lousa said, "This is simply delicious, just delicious!" The girls giggle at once with much joy. Yet Selene felt an ominous presence watching her every move at that single second and disappeared in another. What could it possibly be? Silene just shakes it off thinking that she's just paranoid. They continue on with their activities until the sun has set, what a successful first day!

Over the course of the next few weeks, the girls start another new and fruitful session. Silene tried her best to shake off the fact she was being watched by something weird for a while. She kept on wondering what could it be, causing her to make some mistakes throughout her activities. Nearing the end of the whole training program, the head instructor announced something that would spark a competition saying "Today is the start of the final week, you all have grown as talented young warriors. I will be announcing the start of the Top Sword! In this competition you do your best to reach the top, if you do by the end of the camp.. You'll get direct access into the Mist Warriors." All trainees gasp with excitement, everyone is now more motivated than ever. "DISMISSED!" Says the head instructor.

The competition thickens and tension is radiating from each student. Silene and her small group of friends are all in the top 5. Shira was the strongest and fastest placing first, followed by Selene placing second, then Lousa placing third, Quoka placing fourth, and Lisanna placing fifth. A fierce and heated battle as everyone does their best to come out on top in every class. The ranks have changed over a span of 2 days, Lisanna and Quoka both dropping out of the main race, placing 10th and 12th now. The top 3 remain the same, who will come out on top and get direct acceptance into the well known elite defense force... The Mist Guard.

A whole week of competition, rivalries, friendships, tears.. The Top Sword event has concluded! Selene's body has changed a whole lot due to the rigorous activities and exercises. It's time for the Head Instructor, Mrs. Hiyou, to announce who'll get it! Mrs. Hiyou inhales and states this with a gleeful yet joyful voice, "Trainees, listen up! I would like to announce who will get direct acceptance into the Mist Warriors. All of you did a great job, but this student did more. She is... SELENA SIONA! Congratulations! Come up here." Selene is screaming out of happiness deep inside, while wearing a happy and proud face outside.

Of course, there is an afterparty included! The whole batch of trainees is celebrating her victory and fair win even if they lost. The cheer, the happiness, the sense of accomplishment. It has made Selene burst into tears of joy, to see how far has come from the Divine Shrine Princess that she used to be. Selene didn't let anyone know that she's one of the surviving Flügels. Selene knew what her next step was, to avenge her race and to sla whoever did that horrific crime. She thought to herself among the praise she's getting, "There are mistakes that can be forgiven and some that cannot be forgiven by any means. This one shall not be overlooked by the majority of creatures in this forsaken world."