Ghost Of You

Co written with Musicorium615

POV Calum

I'm at the hospital with Luke and Ashton, waiting for someone to tell me about what's going on with Michael, my fiance. "Mr. Calum Hood?" A doctor in a white lab coat opens a large door. He has a scruffy beard and his eyes look a little sad.

I stand up and say, "Yes, that's me."

"I'm sorry, Mr. Hood. Michael...didn't make it through surgery. I'm sorry for your loss." The doctor says to me.

I froze, this can't be happening, this isn't real, no, not my Mikey! I felt a hand being placed on my shoulder, Luke's, as I started to tremble.

"No! You're lying!" I said. I didn't want to believe it.

"I'm sorry, Mr. Hood, but I am not lying to you. I'm sorry." The doctor says to me, as if this will help. I just lost the love of my life. He was hurt in a car crash and had to have immediate surgery. I couldn't have lost Mikey. I couldn't go on without him.

I abruptly turn and run away ignoring Ashton's and Luke's calling for me to come back. I ran back to mine and Michael's house. It's ten blocks from the hospital to the house, but I ran anyway.

I broke down crying, this has to be a dream, a nightmare. I couldn't have lost him. Michael was the one thing keeping me sane. I loved him with all that I had in me, and I had no idea what kind of a mess I would turn into without him. He was my rock, the person I turned to when I needed comfort. Luke and Ashton would always be there, but Mikey was the one person who could always help, no matter what it was.

I looked down at my hand and sobbed more. We were supposed to get married. We were supposed to grow old together. The day that Michael proposed was the happiest day of my life. I look at the ring on my finger and I begin to allow even more tears to fall. I'm not sure what else I can do besides cry.

The love of my life, the other half of me is gone. I sobbed more as my phone rang in the background. I picked it up and looked at the caller ID. Ashton. I didn't really want to talk to Ashton right now. I knew Luke would be on the line too, and I didn't want to talk to him either.

I didn't want to talk to anyone. The only person that I really want to talk to isn't here anymore. And yet, I picked up the phone.

"Calum? Oh my God, I'm so glad you answered, Cal. Are you okay?" Ashton asked me frantically. "What am I saying, of course you're not okay. Do you want us to come over?"

"No, I want to be alone." I bit back a sob, I can hardly talk.

"Well, okay. If you need anything, don't hesitate to call. Both Luke and I are here." Ashton said. "Love ya, Cal."

"Love you too" I whispered out. I wanted them to be with me. "On second thought, could you guys come over?" I asked.

"Yeah, of course. We'll be there in five or ten minutes." Ashton said.

"Alright," I replied, hanging up the phone. I sat down on the bed and I sobbed into my pillow.

I was a mess. I wanted Michael to come and wrap his arms around me and tell me it's alright. I could hear his voice in my head. "Shh...it's gonna be okay, Cal. As long as you're with me, everything will be okay." But that was part of the problem. He wasn't with me.

I heard a knock on my bedroom door. I didn't want to see Luke and Ashton.

"Go away"

I knew that on the other side of the door, Luke was about to enter, but Ashton was pushing his hand away and giving him a sad look that said, "Let's just leave him." I knew they'd probably stay in the living room waiting for me. And I didn't care.