Chapter One

Connor's POV

I used to think that love was nothing more than a chemical reaction, the sum of one's harmones being compatible with another, but Bianca, Bianca changed my mind, she changed my whole life. Before I met Bianca I was a regular human, a nerd with no thrill for life no lust for it. Then our paths crossed and I got swooped into a world of beats. Ferocious powerful werewolves with loyalty beyond that of words who valued love, true love above all else. At times, the whole mate thing was overwhelming. It lead to me being kidnaped and coerced into sex by my crazy ex bully Hayley and a huge war with Bianca's ex. But in the end we found each other, and since then, my life has been nothing but bliss, sweet bliss.

"What's on your mind handsome?" Bianca asked, her voice light, like a calm summer breeze.

"You." I replied, turning on the bed to face her flawless pale skin and deep brown eyes.

"Cute." Her soft cherry lips met mine, melting into me, making my heart feel pure euphoria. I was in heaven when we were together. She was my heaven.

"I'm so glad we can finally be alone together and happy." I said stroking her long brown hair.

"Me too... though there is something we need to talk out."

My heart sank into my stomach, was I not being perfect enough? Because I could be perfecter... more perfect sorry... I could be better for her.

"Things have been going so well lately, and you know I don't want to pressure you but uh, I haven't marked you yet... and people are talking, my mom is talking."

I sat up.

"I see... look Bianca, I love you, I really really do, but letting you mark me means that I'm going to lose my humanity, I don't know if I could just say goodbye to something like that. It's a lot, it's scary."

She held my hand.

"But I'll be right here with you the entire time. We can do it together."

I sighed.

"I know, but I need more time, please baby, I need it."

My heart was racing, and my palms sweaty, I hated when we talked about this. I loved Bianca, but getting marked meant that I became one of them, and that's not just something I could just do, It shouldn't be. Being human, its all I know.

"Okay Love, I understand. Just think about it okay?"

I nodded. I got quiet when I was nervous.

Bianca got out of bed, our blanket falling at her feet and revealing the tiny black thong and bra that covered her beautiful body. She was beautiful, every time I looked at her I got all giddy because I couldn't believe she was mine, mine and mine alone, forever.

"I'm going to take a shower now babe. It's getting late and I have a big day ahead of me. Raysa and I are meeting with another pack this morning.'

Raysa was the pack's Zeta and Bianca's best friend.

"Is it to talk about the strange cow corpses we found the other day?"

She nodded, "that and the human body Raysa found last night."

A human body? That was new.

"And you're sure I can't come?"

"No." she said, "It's too dangerous."

"I can take care of myself you know, after all I did deliver the final blow to Jasper."

She laughed.

"You're so cute, but until we know what's doing the damage I'd prefer if my baby, my human baby is safe."

"Okay..."

She came up to me and kissed my forehead.

"Good boy."

My body shivered, every time she called me that my body felt like glitter.

"I love you."

"I love you too."

Bianca's POV

"So, you're saying there were more human corpses?" I inquired in shock looking at Chyna a stray who I was good friends with.

"Yes, 20 of them, all perfectly intact, unharmed, but dead, sullen and hallow, their eyes in an eternal terror."

"Who could've done that?" Kiara the Zelta of the other pack asked.

"Vampires." Raysa said, with scorn in her voice.

"Vampires around here?" I exclaimed.

"It's unusual, but not impossible." Hayley included, "My grandparents used to tell me stories of vampires when I was a kid. They used to live here, hundreds of years ago, wrecking havoc, until we took them out."

"Okay, so let's take them out then." Ryasa said.

"It's not that simple Ray, we don't know how many of them are here, why they're here, and most importantly if their King is here... we can't go up against a vampire king unprepared, it's suicide."

"Why not Hayley?" I asked.

"Because they're invincible."

"I'm invincible too." Raysa stated.

"As am I!" Chyna said.

"Not too vampires, not to their King... trust me."

"So how do you suggest we deal with them?" Kiara questioned.

"For now, we don't. For now we stay low and observe, get as much information as we can and plan a proper attack. IT is beyond important that they don't know that we're here and that we're onto them."

For once, I agreed with Hayley. I'd never seen vampires before and my pack was fairly new to the area but Hayley's family lived in Lakewood for thousands of years. So if anyone would know what to do it would be her.

"Okay." I said, 'Raysa I want a 6pm curfew and no solo hunting. During the day, I want groups of wolves scouring the area for their hideout, but only during the day."

"No problem. I'll have that done immediately."

I turned to Kiara.

"I'll keep you updated."

"Likewise." she said.

Vampires... this was going to be interesting.

That's a wrap on chapter one :) :) :). Let me know what you think in the comments and see you tomorrow! Have a great day everyone!