013

Yesterday night Pepa scolded me and Carlos, and I found out he had got into a fight with Alexander; because of me.

That made me feel worse about the situation, actually, 2 people have gotten hurt because of me - because of how naive and stupid I was. How could I have trusted him so quickly?

I was now stuck scooping donkey poo, even though I wasn't allowed, I used crystals to move them. I gag really easily, so just the smell of it would make me throw up.

Me and Carlos both have 20 chores to complete everyday for a week and a half, which I find a bit extra. Alexander gave me alcohol instead of something he claimed to give me, and it was probably on purpose!

I moved the last crystal with my mind to put it into the dump, dusting my hands together.

Hopping over the wooden fence, I began walking down the street to go complete my next chore. I've already completed about 4, and I need to have at least 10 done before lunch, so then I can do 10 afterwards.

"y/n, how many chores have you finished?" I hear Carlos ask from behind me, and I turn around. "I'm on my 5th one, what about you?"

"I'm on my 6th." he responded with a smug grin, and I glared at him. He knows I'm competitive, and he just started a challenge that could either:

A) give me a big reputation and add to my non-existent ego.

B) make me mad at everyone for the rest of the week and always try to beat him in everything.

I reply to him sassily, "well I'm actually on my 15th, sorry; I got the number mixed up."

I walked off, flipping my hair over my shoulder. Where am I supposed to be going? I look back down at the list.

I have to go clean some shops, with a minimum of five.

A groan leaves my mouth, and I walked into the first store, and she nodded; knowing I'd be here today. I began sweeping, mopping and dusting the place.

"Thank you, y/n!" she calls out to me as I open the door. I look for my shoulder and smile at her softly, "no problem, Señora."

TIME SKIP

I wiped the bead of sweat off my forehead.

I want to beat Carlos, so I'm skipping lunch. Even though I did say I would get out of that habit, just once wouldn't hurt, right? Right.

Plus, the townspeople would hopefully stop whispering about me.

All the time, "oh, she'd be so much better if she ——" or, "she's so lazy, always taking so many breaks, skipping chores." and many more.

Even after risking my life when the Casita broke, people still want to talk bad about me? Me and Mirabel are the reason why they still have a home.

I hear Abuela call all the Madrigals for lunch, even though I'm not a Madrigal, I know she also means for me to attend as well. But I'm not.

I mean, I'm on my 14th chore. If I was taking breaks though, I'd probably be only on my 9th, because I do slack off sometimes.

Walking further down town, I felt the stares of the people. Whispering on how I was skipping meals, and more. They just can't get enough, can they?