Selfless

Jake "Hangman" Seresin X
Kehlani "Thor"Simpson

A/N: uses She|Her pronouns, Bob & Thor platonic. SpongeBob,Frozen & Supernatural reference. Main story of two peas in a pod and daddy's little girl.

Summary: Who knew that THE Jake"Hangman" Seresin cared about anyone other than himself?

Warnings: swearing(ALOT) Fluff (I think)
-

You were nearly identical to your father, Beau "Cyclone" Simpson. Even your flying style was similar to his, which is how you got "Thor" as your callsign. Swift,unpredictable, and stealthy. So when you walk into a room or sit quietly, you frequently scare the living crap out of your fellow pilots, and sometimes even your father. 

When you got called to Top Gun, you felt slightly nervous, but proud. You were the top 1% & made a name for yourself. Some may say that you only got to where you were because of your father. Which wasn't the case. Though you loved and admired your dad, you did this yourself.

As you were sitting next to Jake quietly, all you hear him say is "Holy shit, how long have you been there?"  with widened eyes and a hand on his chest. "Bagman, I've been here the entire time," you chuckle. Hangman sighs, "Geez Thor, at least say something, you fucken scared me." You couldn't help it,but to just roll your eyes.

As Maverick was talking about the upcoming mission, you notice Rooster looking annoyed. You knew the history from what he's told you,but not your business. After being dismissed for  dogfighting, Hangman put his arm around your neck. "Thor, ready to get your ass kicked?" As you elbowed his side," Bagman the only ass that's gonna get kicked is yours."

Over comms, you hear that Coyote talking about doing 200 push-ups. Great. You see everyone trying to take down Maverick, but fail. So one by one everyone was getting shot down, then push ups with Hondo.  Up next was yourself, Hangman, Phoenix and Bob. As we were getting into our jets, I looked at my team to see if they were ready. When I looked at Jake, he gave me his signature smile. I don't understand why his cocky grin made me feel this way. I need to focus.

Now that we're in the air, Phoenix & Bob broke right like Hangman suggested, he did what he did best left them high & dry. Which in turn got them shot down by Maverick. Now it was just you,Hangman & Maverick in the air.

"Phoenix, I can't see him. Where is he?"
"I'm dead, dickhead."
"See you in the afterlife Bagman."

As Maverick was trying to get you and Hangman, you're feeling confident that you're going to shoot down Maverick. "Thor, He's on me." "I'm coming, hold on." as you were coming  between him and Maverick then inverting  over Mave's jet.

After helping Hangman, he got shot down. Maverick's next target is you. Now being Cyclone's kid, you've learned a few things, so it's about to get interesting. You hear your dad begin to speak over comms and tells you "You're better than Maverick when it comes to stealth. Use that advantage to the best of your ability to ensure you survive the training." You can't see it, but you can feel that he's proud of you and your accomplishments.

"Where are you, Thor?" as Mave looks at his radar and surroundings. When you revealed yourself from below him,you invert your jet over Maverick's ,"You see me now?" After flying in circles, you manage to get behind Mave, you were able to shoot him down.

For the first time during training , you were the only one that shot down Maverick. Your dad was proud but not surprised since he taught you everything you needed to know.

"Good job kid, you just became the first ever flyer to beat me at my own game"

You laugh and reply back to him "Thanks Mave, at least now you have some competition"