Home is wherever im with you

[title from the song Home by Edith Whiskers]

2,000+ WORDS BABY!! I MIGHT BE WRONG BUT I THINK THIS IS THE LONGEST CHAPTER I'VE HAD SO FAR

ALSO, 3RD DAY IN A ROW?! I'M ON A ROLL U GUYS

I'm also addicted to little Marcy 😋 it's too fun it's literally like free therapy. So yeah enjoy

////////////

"Marce, you're stressed out of your mind right now."

"I'm not."

Anne groaned, glancing at Sasha for help, who only shook her head and shrugged.

"You've literally been working on this one comic for two days now! Have you even slept?" Sasha asked, exasperated.

"I have slept! I slept four hours last night, and I took a thirty-minute nap yesterday! I don't need more than that", Marcy retorted. "Besides, I need to get this chapter out before Wednesday! I was late to updating last week, I can't be late again."

Anne stared at her in shock. "Four hours, Marcy? That's not nearly enough! Your comic can wait!"

"Please, Mars?" Sasha added, moving in front of her tablet so she couldn't see what she was working on.

"I can't, you guys, seriously. I want to, I really do, but..."

Sasha snapped out of her frown, grinning maliciously at Anne.

Marcy just stared at her straight-faced. "You're planning something, I don't like the look on your face."

"Are you sure you don't want to take a little break, Mars-bars? Watch some cartoons and cuddle?" Sasha sing-songed.

"I know what you're doing. It's not working."

"Yeah, c'mon, Mars! We could have ice cream, do some coloring... read a story..." Anne added.

"It's not going to work, stop it!"

Anne pouted and ruffled Marcy's hair. "Man, I really wanted to color! Do something other than this, you know. Fun stuff!" She sighed. "This isn't fun, Mars, aren't you bored by now?"

"I'm- I'm fine, not bored."

"You hear that Sash? Guess we should just go and do something else, since Marcy's clearly having too much fun. We can go have fun on our own."

Marcy frowned and froze in place, watching from the corner of her eye as the two made their way out of the room with exaggerated pouts on their faces.

"Fine!" Marcy shouted back at them, practically throwing her pencil down. "I'll take a break, that's what you want, right?"

"Aww, see, we knew you wanted to! C'mon Mars-Bars, let's do something fun! What do YOU want to do?" Sasha asked, softening her tone.

"I don't know." Marcy pouted. She might've given into taking a break, but she wasn't regressing. She was big, and she didn't need to. She didn't need to rely on childish things for comfort.

"C'mon, we could do so many things! Watch cartoons, Disney movies, color...", Sasha began to list off.

"We might've even gotten you something a while ago, I think you'll really wanna see it, Mars!" Anne whispered.

"You... got me something?" Marcy's angry expression faded into one of eagerness.

"Certainly did! I don't know if you'd want to see it, though."

"No, I wanna! I mean- sure, I'll see", Marcy coughed. Smooth.

"Let's go downstairs, okay bud?"