I Need to Purge My Urges

Title from the song "Alien Blues".

////////////

Marcy rushed downstairs, a smile on her face. Her family almost never had real dinners together. She often ate whatever was in the pantry for dinner, as her parents never really bothered to cook or make anything. She didn't even think to question the reason why they were eating together, she just happily went along with it.

She sat down at the table, smiling even wider at the meal in front of her. It looked incredible.

"Thank you!" She told her parents, who nodded in response.

Marcy began to talk about her day at school, running on auto- pilot. She tended to ramble when she was in a good mood, but her parents didn't seem too bothered by it. It was unusual for them to not get mad at her for her rants, let alone actually listen to them.

Her parents' good mood only raised her mood even more. It was so rare that her family could get together like this, and just talk to one another.

On instinct, Marcy began to gently rock back and forth in her chair, tapping her feet and flapping one of her hands. She didn't even realize how much she was stimming until she looked back at her father, noticing his uneasy expression.

"Dad?" She asked nervously.

He stared back at her, his expression unreadable. "I think you should just go, Marcy. Leave the table and go to your room."

Marcy stared at him, dumbfounded. "What?"

"You heard me. You clearly don't have interest in being here with the family. I thought we could have a nice dinner, but with all your fidgeting, you seem to just want to leave."

Marcy froze in her seat. "I wasn't- I don't want to leave. I promise I was enjoying this!" She exclaimed, her voice nearly a whisper as she held back tears.

"Well it doesn't seem that way. You're being incredibly disrespectful, to both me and your mother. If you really wanted to stay, you would have sat still", He said angrily.

"No, Dad, I was just-"

"I don't want to hear it! Go to your room!" He shouted.

Marcy flinched as she quickly stood from her chair. "I didn't m-"

"What did I just say?" Her father muttered. Marcy nodded in response, not daring to finish her sentence, and hurried to her room. She collapsed into her bed with tears streaming down her face, tugging at her hair.

She was just happy. She hadn't meant to make it seem like she wanted to leave.

Why do I keep ruining everything.

////////////

Two parts in one night? Crazy.
I hate this, it's way too short but it's a vent anyways. My dad yelled at me for stimming/fidgeting during dinner and the only way ik how to handle my emotions is to project them onto fictional characters lmao