Chapter 15

"Maxon are you alright? You're acting quite strange," America said.

       "Me?? Strange?? Pphhft. You're imagining things...haha," Maxon said, waving her away. "Let's eat!"

        "Okayyyyy," America said, still suspicious.

       Maxon started unpacking the food.

       They started eating.

       Then Maxon stopped eating. He cleared his throat before pulling out something else from the picnic box. It was about as big as a notebook and looked flat.

        America looked up.

       "I have a gift for you," Maxon smiled.

      "Oh Maxon. You didn't have to," America said but smiled anyways.

      "Yeah but I wanted to. Open it," Maxon smiled.

       America opened it. Inside was a small box and a picture frame with two sides. She went for the frame first and frowned. "You're gifting me my home city?" She frowned because there was Carolina in the picture.

      Maxon laughed before motioning for her to turn it over. In the back was a picture of a light blue house with two stories. The blue print was there too. It showed one large bedroom then 5 other extra rooms. One was a nursery. There was also two offices. A garden. Then some of the usual stuff like bathrooms, kitchens, and living room.

      "Maxon

      "Maxon...what's this?" America says, shocked.

      "Well I've been thinking. I'm not the next in line anymore and unless Julian dies without a child then I have to take the throne. Let's hope not. But anyway without the whole king thing what am I suppose to do? What do I want to spend the rest of my life doing? I thought. Well...I want to spend it with the person I love the most. Meet your village and family. Have children and well grow old together. If you want of course...," Maxon said, blushing and rubbing the back of his neck. "Oh...open the small one."

      America was speechless but opened the small one. It was a key. A key to their home. She was shocked. "Maxon...I-,"

      "It's okay if you don't what. I know it's a lot to put in you and I-" Maxon was saying but America stopped him with a kiss.

     Maxon stopped talking and kissed back, pulling her to him by the waist.

     America pulled back after a bit and smiled. "I would absolutely love this plan, Maxon. God I love you so much."

      "I love you too, America," Maxon smiled, leaning his forehead against hers. "Oh! And it's beside your family's house."

      "Awww that's even better! I love it. I love you," America smiled, hugging him tightly and breathing him in.

      "Also we'll still be ones...and your family since I chose you. It just means we don't really have to worry about the concept of money. Which I'm glad of for your family and you. The stuff you had to went through won't happen again," Maxon said protectively.

      "Thank you," America said. They hugged for a few minutes before America pulled away, wiping some tears. "Okay enough hugging. The tarts are getting stale," she laughed. Maxon laughed as well before returning to eating. It was an absolutely lovely date. Once they finished eating, they laid on their backs with America's head on Maxons chest and Maxons arms around her. They watched the clouds pass. It was lovely. She loved it. She loved him.

      "When will we be moving in?" America asked, playing with their intertwined hands.

      "I was hoping tommorow. We won't really need all the ball gowns and suits and stuff so we can just shop at the store at Carolina for that. I guess just essentials. It won't be much preparing," Maxon said, his chin rested on the top of her head.

      "I'm down for that," America smiled.

      "Great. I suppose we should say our byes and see you later now and prepare," Maxon said but didn't move an inch.

     "I suppose," America said but also didn't budge. She stayed at the spot for a few more minutes before sitting up. "Alright well I've had a lovely date and I've loved it, Maxon. So much. Thank you," She said, hugging him again.

      "Of course, darling. I'll see you at dinner," Maxon said, hugging back before picking up the blanket and picnic basket and walking back. America followed and they split ways.

       They said their farewell to their friends. Maxon said farewell to his mother and Julian.

       America saved Julian for last. During the three months, they became close friends like how America was with Aspen. They still cared for each other but just in a family way.

       "Maxon told me," Julian said with a sad look. "I'm happy for you guys but also sad to see you two go."

       "We'll visit once a month, Jules. Also we won't miss you and Leelas wedding in a million years," she giggled, wiggling her eyebrows.

      Julian flushed. "Oh shut up. You're such a...whatever."

      "It's so obvious, you know. You love her and she loves you now get married and I hope to be an aunt soon," America said, jokingly to make him flush even more.

         "You know what. I'm excited and happy for you two," Julian glared playfully.

        "Yeah, right. You love us. But seriously, I'll miss you. Take care of each other for me. AND don't hurt Leela. She's such a innocent girl," America said, punching his arm.

        "I won't," Julian said then hugged her. America hugged back. "Farewell, friend."

        "Bye," America said before going to her room and packing.