Chapter 22 |Unedited|

Amina's POV

"Do you not like the food? You haven't touched any of it" Leo sits across from me dishing tiny portions of each cuisine onto his plate to try.

I smile at him sheepishly. Although several items had been placed on our table, none of it was appetizing. I was craving something ,much more dense. "Do they have anything more filling? Something less...green?" I slowly push my plate away and cross my arms in defiance.

Leo chuckles "I see" he wipes his mouth clean with the polyester napkin and calls a waiter over to us.

"Can I get you anything else?" The waiter asks while filling our glasses with more water.

"We would like a change of menu" Leo tells the male who pulls out a notepad, ready to take our order.

"This restaurant will cook anything you ask for, order as you please." Leo briefly informs me while passing me a menu type booklet with some popular selections.

I sigh internally; I'm not all that hungry.

"Hmm" I say out loud, pretending to skim the booklet. "I'm really in the mood for something thick, meaty, oh, and long. I wish to fill debilitated when I'm done eating. What do you recommend?" My attention is entirely on Leo although I'm to speak to the waiter, who coughs and is visibly uncomfortable.

The skittish boy looks perplexed as he thinks of actual meals that can fulfill my request "I'm not sure, a sausage dish of some sort?" He shrugs his shoulder, avoiding my gaze and I almost choke in laughter.

Leo interjects "Excuse her, it's her first time here, can you get us various meat options, we can start with a medium-rare steak. Thank you."

"Of course, I'll let the chef know" Leo affirms what can be cleared from our table, and the waiter leaves with flushed cheeks. I turn to Leo who displays a frown.

"I'm sure you're aware we're on human territory, please don't attract attention. It's inappropriate to make such jokes." He says through the mind-link.

"Are we? I couldn't tell" I respond sarcastically. Leo stops eating, putting his utensils down on the table and leaning back in his chair. His jaws are tightened, but I'm unable to sense what's his feeling.

"Can I ask you something?" He says to me suddenly. He voice is deep and sultry, but relaxed. I think he's cooled off.

"What about?" I ask him, I don't want to appear too anxious. I'm skeptical about what he wants to speak about for obvious reasons. Have I said too much? Is he going to question who I am?

"The night you left the beach house, did something happen?" His eyes have softened.

I can't recall that day all too well. I remember Amira making a fuss and hankering to leave, but I was so angry with her at that time, that I had blocked her out completely. She would not listen to me. I had wanted her to stay and fight the bimbos, but she kept spewing nonsense about not wanting to linger where she isn't welcome and not wanting to ruin Leo's fun. The girl is so insufferable at times, her first instinct is run away and that has never lead to a resolution to any of her problems.

I had chosen to be dormant almost immediately after our argument, since my opinions clearly didn't matter to her, so I don't remember an inch of what had happened after she left. My memory only resumed after she lost consciousness.

"No, nothing at all, why do you ask?" I tell him, plain and simple. I can't possibly recollect something I didn't experience.

"Nothing happened between you?" Between us? Is he referring to Amira and myself?