Chapter 19 |Unedited|

The drive back home is long. I spend most of my time battling anger, sadness, and sleep and Braden hasn't said a word since he met me downstairs. We've been driving in silence for three hours now. 

I find myself staring at him unintentionally. I watch how he uses the palm of his hand to steer so smoothly despite the bumpy asphalt. 

"Thank you for driving me home" I tell him trying to strike up conversation. He clears his throat before nodding his head "You're welcome" he says and then is quiet again.

"Why did you decide to leave? It seemed like you were having a good time" I ask him, trying once more to break the silence. 

He clears his throat again "I overheard your conversation with the Beta when I came looking for you, and thought you might want someone to escort you home." He came searching for me? 

I huff thinking about how insufferable Leo is. "Are you alright?" he asks, finally conversing with me. I wonder why he cares. 

"I'm fine, thank you" I tell him, not wanting to spill my emotions to a man I still consider a stranger. 

We're silent again for another hour or so. My thoughts still plagued with Leo. Amina's thoughts are sensual, while mine are violent. I have so many questions about Beck, who is she? Where is she from? Can Braden might answer some of my questions? I clear my throat again, how do I ask about her without appearing jealous? 

"Are you close with her as well?" I ask Braden. 

"Who are you referring to?" He questions although I'm sure he knows exactly who I'm asking about.

"Beck"

I hear Braden sigh and I regret asking about her. "Never mind. Sorry I asked" I tell him. 

He sighs again, shaking his head, voice low. I'm confused "What's wrong?" 

"You give up too easily Amira, learn to be more assertive. Ask me what you want to ask, and this time, don't apologize." I'm silent trying to digest his commentary. 

"I'll ask then, but will you give me an honest answer?" He's silent for a moment, I know he's deciding whether to be truthful in his answer. 

He finally nods his head "Sure" 

"Do you think Beck has feelings for Leo?"

"I can't answer that because I don't know. " My eyes squint "Does  Leo have feelings for her, or has he in the past?" I try asking my question in reverse. Again, he gives a bland answer "I don't know." 

I'm annoyed by him. He made all this fuss about me asking my question and then goes on to lie. I'm sure he knows more than he's owning up to. How can he not? They've known each other for years and he was amongst those that receive Beck joyfully when she had walked in. I'm sure he knows something regarding their history. 

I thought Braden would be different from his counterparts, he showed promising characteristics that at least let me know he wasn't prejudice.  

My mood turns sour. He knows he's upset me by the frustration on my face. I'm get even more agitated when he begins to chuckle. "I've never asked either of them that question, that's why I can't answer, so stop frowning." 

"Plus, Leo's not the type to disclose of his personal life" I want to argue with him, because his relationships with Beck, Cora, and females from the Virgin Islands appear to be public knowledge. 

"Everyone seemed to know a lot about his personal life when we played the game" He nods "That's true, but he's never been the one to tell anyone that information, unless required"