Fifteen

Breakfast the morning after Dick had first meet Danny was a surprisingly normal affair, Dick had half expected the older teen to rat him out to Bruce and Alfred if he was being honest with himself. But to the contrary actually, nether of the older male seemed to even suspect him of any rule breaking of any kind.

Alfred had told him 'good morning' and asked what he would like for lunch, Bruce had also greeted him then asked if he'd finished his homework from last night, then they ate their breakfast while making small comments to each other every now and again, and finally Alfred dropped him off at school before wishing him a good day. And that was it.

Not a single assumption, subtle or not, that he'd done something he shouldn't.

Dick decided he was going to visit Danny again that night if he got a chance and thank him for not telling Bruce he was where he shouldn't have been, maybe he should bring the teen some candy or something to help he seem more sincere.

What did teenager's even like anyway? Coffee?

-*-*-

Danny was having an average day, for him anyway.

The halfa slept in for as long as he pleased (something is younger self probably could never imagine himself doing), ate whatever food Alfred had left out for him (the butler was too good to him), patrolled the grounds for a few hours (he had nothing better to be doing), ate lunch (thank you Alfred), play the piano until Bruce got home (he had all but mastered it at this point, maybe he should try learning the violin next or something), sat through another lecture about how he needed to "tone it down a little" courtesy of Bruce (they both knew it wasn't going to do a damn thing but it was routine at this point), and then Dick got home from school (every day was a new adventure with a little acrobat around).

So yes, it was an average day.

That was until Bruce had left for his "night job" that is.