Seven

Bruce didn't know what to think. He hadn't left the older man alone in the manor by himself for too long, right? Surely, Alfred still had a good couple of decades left in him, but now he was claiming to be seeing ghosts. Was being alone for seven years caused the butler to begin hallucinating?

What was Bruce even suppost to do about that? Does he call a doctor? A therapist? Arkham Asylum? The man was unsure, this definitely not his area of expertise.

The master of the house was currently in the dining room eating his evening supper that was prepared by the early mentioned butler while reading up on the effects of long-term isolation on ones mantel health. When suddenly, the previously silent manor was graced with the sound of a piano being played. The tune was a haunting melody, peaceful and beautiful but held something underlying creepy and disturbing to it.

Bruce struggled it off, assuming it was Alfred who was playing the piano. The man continued his dinner and reading, silently enjoying the undisturbed melody which could be heard throughout manor. The 25 year old man so engrossed in his reading that he did not notice that he was no longer alone in the room.

"More tea, Master Bruce?"

The said master looked up at Alfred who was standing nearby holding a kettle in one hand, slightly startled that he did not hear the man approach him.

"Yes, thank you, Alfred." Bruce said before going back to what he was previously doing.

"My pleasure, sir." Was the butler's response as he poured his young master a fresh cup of tea. "Will you be needing anything else this evening?"

"No, I'm fine for now. You may go."

"Of course, sir."

Bruce was slightly worried, everything he read didn't add up. Alfred wasn't showing any signs of-. Wait...

Bruce looked up at the butler as he silently made his way back into the kitchen.

If Alfred was here, then who is playing the piano?