Dinner For Three

"Morpheus, we're going to be late!" You shout as you slip your earrings in.

"We're not going to be late," he counters, amusement thick in his voice. "Try not to worry."

"Isn't that my job? To worry?" As the words leave your lips, you instantly get a flashback to when you just said the same thing last week before your memories returned. It's a strange sensation to know you wandered London for three years, not knowing who you were. While you remember everything from that time, it all feels like a dream now. You're back to full power, caught up on current times, and caught up on your duties. You and Morpheus have already started working together once again to rebuild what has been lost. The palace is already back to its original beauty and most of the residents and staff have returned. Your official welcome home was massive, and the celebration easily lasted two solid days. Your heart has been overflowing with love and happiness every waking and sleeping moment since.

"Only about the important things," he lightly sasses as he slips his coat on. "We're not going to be late."

You snort, chuckling lowly as you push the backings onto the golden studs. "Don't act like this isn't important to you, I know you're pleased by this."

"Perhaps I'm only pleased because you're pleased." Turning towards you, you look over and meet his kind gaze.

You crack a smile as you grasp your coat and put it on. "Maybe we're both pleased."

Coming over to him, you both head out of the bedroom. Matthew is soon joining you as you descend through the palace, landing on your shoulder, which seemingly has become his new favorite place. You don't mind in the least. "Oh, are you both going on a date?" Matthew asks, sarcasm in his tone. "Boss, do you even carry a wallet?"

"That's not your concern, Matthew," Morpheus replies, his tone matching Matthew's. They're becoming friends, you can already tell.

"But seriously, do you?"

"I can't divulge all my secrets."

Playfully rolling your eyes, you shake your head at both of them. "You boys, I swear..."

"Boys?" They both respond at the same time, making you laugh at their reactions.

"I am a king," Morpheus counters.

"And I am a—" he pauses, "... bird. I'm a fricking bird," he mutters, defeat in his tone.

Biting down on your lip, you suppress your laughter as you place your hands into your pockets. "Don't worry, Matthew. I was a bird, too. Look at me now."

"Yeah, well, I don't think Mister-sassy-black-pants over there is going to fall in love with me and turn me into a man. It's a beautiful love story, but I can't see that happening for me."

"Rest assured, Matthew. A few hundred years of good service, I might consider allowing you to change your post."

"A few hundred years, huh? I can handle that. You're on. Lenore, you're my witness here. I'm going to go tell Lucienne to write it down for documentation. You both enjoy yourselves tonight!" Pushing off your shoulder, he spreads his wings and flies off in the other direction.

Releasing your lip, you let your quiet laughter out as you take Morpheus' arm, wrapping yours around his. "He's going to make such a good raven; you're not going to want to change him."

"I guess time will tell, won't it?" Finally reaching the entry, you step outside. The sun is setting, it is a beautiful evening here. You take it all in before you're going to be met with cold and surely rainy weather. Turning towards him, he takes your hands into his. "Are you ready?"