Chapter 32

"You sure you don't want something to eat?"

"Hmm...what do you have?"

In response, Lisa started shuffling through her fridge and cabinets while Jennie sat in the living room. Lisa's house, though older, had an open design, so she was able to talk to the brunette from the kitchen.

Lisa was still trying to settle down from the little incident at the front door that just happened.

She was an uncomfortable mix of embarrassed and aroused, so she was having some trouble looking Jennie in the eye.

What had she been thinking? Jennie was obviously new to all this stuff, but here Lisa was, bringing it on strong and trying to fuck it all up. She was extremely relieved that Jennie hadn't rejected her - she was even more into it than Lisa could've imagined. Surely Jennie would've stopped her advances eventually...right?

Was she just going along with things to make Lisa happy? The thought made Lisa's mouth run dry, but it was too unlike Jennie to really believe. Sure, the honour student was a suck up to the adults, but she'd never been one to give into Lisa just for the sake of it.

Still, it was almost just as hard to believe that Jennie wanted her in the same way that she wanted Jennie.

Regardless, Lisa's instincts had taken complete control of her after missing the other girl for two weeks. Not to mention her own sexual frustration which had been going on before the two of them even started dating. Lisa would have to keep a tighter rein on her emotions if she didn't want to drive Jennie away from her.

Still, that was easier said than done. Normally, Lisa was sort of insecure with leading these sorts of things. Her ex-girlfriend, the only other person she'd ever dated, had taken all the initiative. Lisa thought about how much more clumsy her own approach had been; her ex had been very deliberate and controlled whereas Lisa was impulsive and almost animalistic.

Well, the bitch did have more experience, after all...

"I can't say we have a ton of food," Lisa called out to Jennie, scanning the half-empty shelves of her pantry.

"Unless you want some snack cakes."

"I'll pass," Jennie replied flatly.

"Then do you want something to drink? We've got tea, coffee, water...that's about it."

Figures. Lisa's mom was usually too busy to do grocery shopping - she just gave Lisa some money each week and told her to buy whatever if she was hungry. At least when Jieun lived at home, she'd usually take the initiative in the kitchen. If Lisa missed anything about her older sister, it was her cooking

"I'm surprised you have tea," Jennie remarked, a bit sarcastically

"Seems a bit refined for your taste."

Lisa picked out a box of tea from the pantry, sensing that Jennie wanted some of it. "I think my mom likes to drink it at night sometimes. Is jasmine alright?"

"Yes, thank you."

Lisa boiled some water before pouring some into a couple of mugs and placing a tea bag inside each of them. She carried them over to the living room where Jennie was sitting, placing one in front of Jennie on the coffee table. Lisa put her own down and sat next to the honour student.

"I'm sorry again about earlier," Lisa said, rubbing the back of her neck nervously. She was having trouble getting it out of her mind.

"I don't know why you keep apologizing," Jennie said, taking a sip of her tea. "It's not like it doesn't take two of us to...you know...do that."