Ch 5: Asahi

~To The Story~

(Four years ago)

"Asahi! You okay?!" Maehara cried out as he jogged over to his friend.

The boy named Asahi did not attempt to respond to him and just continued to glare at the gray clouds flying above him. He stayed on the ground, further crushing the green grass underneath him.

"Aw, is Asahi is gonna cry," the goalie teased, when he sees Asahi making no effort to get back up after the lousy kick he attempted.

At this, the copper-haired boy snarled and sat up animatedly.

"Say that again!" He snapped at the goalie.

Maehara sighed and watched Asahi argue with their other teammate for a couple of seconds. Well, Asahi was the only one arguing. The goalie was merely teasing the guy. Still, Maehara let Asahi get it out of his system, before grabbing the boy's arm to help him up and drag him away from his humiliation.

"You done?" He asks.

Asahi huffed "I had that," he grumbled, using his jersey to wipe off the dirt from his hands. His mom is going to have a hard time washing these stains off.

"Yeah, sure you did." Maehara rolled his eyes.

Sensing the sarcasm, Asahi scoffed, though, he didn't argue back. He knew he messed up big time. If only he weren't distracted.

"Maehara-senpai!" A girl from the bleachers suddenly calls out.

Maehara answers back with a simple wave and a smile. One of those girls Maehara was waving at was a girl he was currently dating. For the past week, a group of underclassmen girls have been sitting by the bleachers, watching the boys practice for their upcoming game. The others were her friends who he assumed she forced to come along judging by how bored some of them looked.

He wasn't sure what Maehara's girlfriend's name exactly was. Maehara sees a new girl every week. And it wasn't as if he was interested enough to find out. Though, someone from that group did capture his interest.

"Hey, who's the girl with the (h/c) hair?" Asahi asked Maehara, eyes on you.

Maehara questioningly hummed then followed his friend's eye line. "Oh. You mean (y/n)?"

"(Y/n)," he repeated softly and stole another glance at you, noting to himself how cute the name suited you.

Maehara flicked his gaze towards his friend and then back at you. Putting two and two together, a small smirk quirked up on the corner of his lips.

"I can introduce you to her if you want."

As if his words poked him, Asahi flinched.

"Introduce me to her?" He furrowed his brows in confusion. "Why?"

"You keep staring at her. Not to mention you've been putting extra effort into your kicks today. Trying to impress her?" A small mischievous smirk crept up on his face.

"No!" He immediately denied it. "I'm putting more effort because I want to win next week."

This wasn't enough to convince Maehara. "Hm, sure." He rolled his eyes. Of course, there is no denying that Asahi was taking his practice seriously, but, when it comes to impressing others, he tries a bit too hard and then stumbles. Just like when he tried to get a goal earlier today in practice.

"C'mon," he then went ahead to grab Asahi by his wrist. "She's nice, you'll see."

"No- wait, I can't-"