Ch 2: Haunting Dreams

~To The Story~

You've been dreaming about Asahi for the past few nights.

It's been years since you last had a dream of the boy. Bringing him up during dinner had resurfaced some memories which seeped their way into your mind even when you were in deep slumber. As time went on over the years, you had done your best to not think about the boy and have succeeded. Although times like during dinner a few nights ago, there will be moments when something just reminds you of him again.

The dreams are vivid too. He's always crying and or distraught over something. Which isn't how you remember him. He was always a ball of energy and such a goofball.

It was as if he was purposely haunting you or something from the afterlife.

You were joking, of course, when you thought of that notion. Besides, if he had to haunt anyone, it should be his father. Why would he torment you? Unless... he's mad at you for some reason? You never gave him back the video game he loaned you, you took his skateboard one time 'cause he wouldn't listen to you when you were helping him study. Or... is he still convinced that you cheated on him with Karma during that summer?

God, what if he is mad at you?

"What'cha thinking about?" Kurahashi piped up.

Her question reached you deep into your train of thoughts. You flinched back to reality and shot your head up, meeting Kurahashi's green eyes.

Your roommate was staring at you from across the table, her eyes filled with curiosity and a bit worrisome. For the past five minutes, your eyes have been zeroed in on the miso soup your friend made.

"Is it the soup?" She furrowed her brows guiltily. "It doesn't taste bad right?"

"Oh, no." You waved your hand in a frenzy, feeling guilty that you made her assume that. More often than not, Kurahashi would be the one in the kitchen making the meals. It's not as if you can't cook, she just takes up the job more than you. It started when you were too busy studying and forgot to eat dinner. Kurahashi came into your room with a simple home-cooked meal and settled it on your desk.

And since then, she's been taking charge of most of the meals in this apartment.

"Sorry." You cleared your throat, fixing your posture. "The soup is good, I just zoned out."

"You must still be tired." She stated. "Why didn't you sleep in?"

'Because I was too scared to be dreaming of my ex-boyfriend again.'

"My body just naturally woke me up early and I didn't want to go back to sleep." You said instead, scooping up a good portion of the soup and plopping it into your mouth. It was no longer piping hot but more lukewarm instead.

The only reason you've been having these dreams is 'cause you kept thinking about the past ever since Okano brought up Maehara. It has nothing to do with that superstitious crap.

"Well, I think you should keep up that habit. You are going to be a teacher one day after all."

True, but starting tomorrow, you're aiming to sleep in a bit longer and hope you'll have more pleasant dreams.

More focused and keeping yourself in check, you ate the rest of your miso soup without any more distractions.

When you managed to finish, you offered to do the dishes. The T.V was on simply just for background noises. There were only a few items to clean so you finished rather quickly.

In the middle of drying your hands, the doorbell rang. Your eyes perked up and you tossed the rag onto the counter to make your way to the door.

Opening it, you were met with a friendly face. Yada. A freshman just like you and Kurahashi.