Chapter 15

"What the hell is this?" Duncan roared.

For the first time in her life, Allie was afraid of him. "What?"

She had no idea what had triggered his anger but she was certain it was something she'd done.

"This!" He pressed the play button and Allie froze in shock.

"Where did you get that?"

He was avoiding looking directly at it.

It was sex tape of her with one of the female executives who worked for him. Someone must have recorded it without her knowledge because she never would've made a sex tape of herself with another woman, especially because her father was unaware of her sexual orientation.

He stopped playing it, openly expressing his disgust and shame.

"You've been spying on me?" she asked, a little less concerned with his emotions.

"This is what you and Crystal do? This is why you two spend so much time together? She got you into this, didn't she?" He did not even make an attempt to contain his rage.

"Do you know what this could do to me? Do you have any idea what it could do to my business? The scandal it could create?" He approached her as his voice grew louder.

She took a step back, afraid he could physically harm her. After all the time they had spent apart, it was unclear to her what he could or could not do.

"You are not to see that little tramp again!" He ordered.

He was too upset to reason with.

"Get out!" He yelled.

She ran out of his office and headed to her room and started crying. She didn't know who to be upset with; herself or her father.

She'd been looking forward to leaving for school where she could have her freedom back. She'd always known he'd be displeased with her sexuality upon finding out, but his reaction was quite shocking.

She'd always been afraid of what he'd do if he ever found out. And who was she to defy him? He was controlling, yes, but that did not change the fact that he was her father. And he was right, the footage could create a scandal that would negatively affect his reputation.

He was a ruthless businessman. If this ever got out, it would expose him as a mere mortal who had weaknesses that could very well be exploited.

After thinking it all through, she realized she had made a mistake. Her guilt made her feel shame. It made her believe her father did indeed have a right to be mad at her.

She was still so naïve. At twenty years old, she had thought her yearnings and her little adventures with Crystal were a phase and with time, they would pass but they hadn't.

She'd known once she went back home, she'd have to get her act together and smother that part of herself. She had wanted to deny its existence from the very beginning but Crystal had been such a great friend to her.

She had taught her how to live without shame or fear. She had taught her how to allow herself to be happy. And Allie had come to accept it as part of who she was.

Now, being confronted with what she was by her passionately disproving father only took her back to that dark hole. She resented herself again. But what was she supposed to do now? What was going to happen? What was her father going to do?

He was her only family and she was his. He had told her that they would always stick together. Did this truth change that? More importantly, did it make him love her any less? Whatever the answers were to those questions, she was going to find out when he calmed down. But until then, she was going to cry her eyes out.