Already in Motion

It wasn't heaven, but it wasn't hell. Though, I did know it didn't feel much like life.

I got to see Draco but for brief periods and he always seemed distracted. He'd keep his mouth shut and barely say anything to me as the days passed, as if he were concentrating on his mission and working it out in his head. I knew the day was coming, and soon. The bags under his eyes were getting more pronounced and he'd started telling me to come by less and less to the point where I saw him only after lunch for five minutes before he bolted off with the food I brought him. Sometimes he'd kiss me before running off but most times he wouldn't.

I walked the halls like a machine. My movements were mechanical and there was no feeling behind it anymore.

I had started to hang out with Harry and his friends more. Alex kept his distance and I was thankful for that. Not to mention he'd get glares from Harry and Ron every time he came near me while they were around. I would often cower away when I saw him.

"There isn't much we can do," Ron said as we were all taking up the seating area in front of the fireplace in their common room.

"We have to try," Hermione said.

"It's not going to work though," Ron said back.

"Yes it will, Ron," Hermione said hitting his arm.

"Ow," Ron yelped rubbing his arm.

I hadn't really been paying attention to what they were saying since I got there. I was so worried about Draco. A couple hours ago, Draco told me that it was finally finished and it was going to happen tonight. Harry was going somewhere with Dumbledore tonight. Apparently, he needed us to help keep watch while they were gone.

"You wanna help us out, Tammy?" Harry asked.

"I said I would help in any way that I could didn't I?" I said without paying much attention.

He nodded and continued telling us where we were to be stationed. I was to be with Neville, Ginny, and Ron and we were to watch the Room of Requirement.

I wasn't too happy about this but I had to put up with it. That's where Draco was, I knew that much but I couldn't tell them.

"Are you sure you're okay with this, Tams?" Hermione asked me. I looked at her. "Draco is your boyfriend and now you're basically going to go against him to help us catch him," she said her voice full of concern.

I sighed. "To be honest," I started to say. "I'm here to make sure Draco doesn't get hurt. I'm here to make sure none of you get hurt. I'm on both of your sides, but I'm mostly on Draco's. I hope you understand."

They all nodded. "Well we need another set of eyes anyway," Harry said. "I know you're not going to hurt Draco, but you're not going to hurt us either. You'll more than likely be watching and protecting the rest." I nodded. Exactly.

Draco's POV

Haha!!! I finished!!!

FINALLY!!!

I told the others already that I was done and they could come tonight when everyone would be asleep. Dumbledore would be out somewhere tonight giving us enough time to prepare.

I left the room to find something to eat. It was dinner, haha good timing. I told Tammy I was done even though I wasn't, not completely finished, but now I was and everything was going okay for now.

Amidst all my accomplishments, I still didn't feel truly happy. I celebrated my plan to get Death Eaters into Hogwarts but I had no one to celebrate it with. I needed Tammy here with me, but my job wasn't done yet. I had to kill Dumbledore. That was the hardest part out of everything so far.

When I walked through the doors into the Great Hall, my gaze, for no reason I could understand, wandered over to the Gryffindor table.

Tammy was sitting with her brother and his friends. My stomach flipped as I saw them all together. I hope she didn't tell them anything about me. I hope she keeps them in the dark like I kept her. Is she really that loyal?

I would've gone to her but I just wanted to grab food and go.

"Draco!" I heard the most beautiful voice yell as I turned to walk away. I have wanted to hear her voice for a while now, but not like this, not now.

I turned reluctantly around and was suddenly tackled by her. She hugged me tight and I hugged her back. She was squeezing my ribs really hard.

"Tamz," I gasped. "Can't. Breathe."

"Oh, sorry," she said lightening up on the hug as she pecked my cheek.

"Are you going to eat?" she asked as she finally let go of me.

"Uh, yes, but I just came for some food and then I was gonna leave. Busy, you know," I said rubbing my neck.

"Please stay for a little while, I haven't seen you properly for days," she begged as she pouted up at me. I gave in, I can't say no to her. She took hold of my hand and dragged me to our table.

"Hey man," Blaise said as we took a seat next to him. "Haven't seen you in a while. Where ya been?"

"Hey," I said back as I grabbed a plate and piled food on top of it. I looked down and said, "Been busy doing stuff."

"Doing what? You never go to classes anymore. I think you have detentions that will get you in even next year," Blaise said with a smirk.

"Blaise," Tammy said slapping him lightly on the arm. "Stop pestering Draco, he's hungry and I know you're hungry. You're always hungry."

"Haha okay okay," Blaise said as he started eating again.

I smiled at her silently thanking her as I shoved a fork full of mashed potatoes and gravy in my mouth. She smiled, nodded, and wiped some gravy off my face with a napkin.

I smiled and continued eating.

When I was done I excused myself from the table. I was out the door when I heard her voice again.

"Draco."

I stopped and turned slowly.

"Yes?" I said slowly. Not sure what she wanted this time.

"Harry and Dumbledore are going somewhere tonight. It's going to be tonight isn't it?"

Her expression was a mixture of hurt and sadness. She was torn between something.

"Yes," I repeated slowly.

She came up to me and kissed me for a long time. Her hands snaked around my neck as mine wrapped around her waist. We were standing like that for a while before I pulled away and unwrapped her arms from around my neck.

"I'm sorry, but I have to go," I told her my voice full of regret and pain.

Her face mimicked my voice. "You aren't going to tell me anymore are you?"

"No," I said as I kissed her cheek and left her in the corridor alone.

I didn't need to see it to know that she wanted to run after me because I wanted so badly to run back to her and take her away and we could just run. Run and never look back. Forget this life and everyone in it, but we couldn't. We had our own responsibilities.

And the plan was already in motion.