Part Four♡

At about 12:00 p.m you see Vance leave the pinball machine and head towards the cooler in the back corner of the store.

You bring your attention back and help another customer.

Vance comes to the counter with  Pepsi and a small bag of chips. He places them down and reached into his pocket for money.

"2.75" you say with a smile.

He carefully counts the money in his palm and places down some change. He goes back in his pocket looking for more.

He places down another quarter.

"I still need 50 cents" you say

"Oh umm.." he says searching every pocket he has.

"Hey you know what, it fine I got it" you say. Why did you do that.

"Really?" "I can just put the chips bac-"

"Really" you say cutting him off. "Uhm.. thanks" he says with a soft smile and walks outside to sit and eat his chips.
A few minutes later you see Cheryl outside talking to Vance, she then pats him on the head and comes inside. You giggle.
"How is it so far y/n?" She says coming behind the counter

"Great" you say smiling
"I heard about your momma, y/n. I hope things turn out well." She says touching my shoulder.
"But I also heard you and your grandma made pies" she says with a warm smile.

"Yeah" you say calmly

"Well your done working for today" "you'll work a few hours a few days a week ok?"

"Oh ok, great. You give her a hug. You walk over to the cooler and grab a Pepsi and then grab some candy. Cheryl was in the back so you left the money on the counter. You go outside and sit beside vance. "So do you think you're going to come tonight?" You say opening your drink. "Yeah, I think I will" he says "I have nothing better to do anyway." You smile at him "good" you open you bag of candy.

You and Vance start talking and end up on the topic of music, you realize you like the same artists which is cool. You continue your conversation and he decides to take some of your candy out of your bag "Hey that's mine you idiot!" you say pushing his hand away and giggling. He grabs yor wrist and holds it away and grabs the candy bag with his other hand he stands up and raises it above his head. "Not anymore" you get up and try to grab it but your not tall enough
(You not tiny ok, we'll pretend he's like 5'9 or smth and your like 5'6)

He laughs at your incapability to grab the candy back. You sit back down on the curb and cross your arms. He places a single gummy worm on your head as he sits back down. Your roll your eyes and grab it then toss it at his face.
"I should get going" you say as you grab your Pepsi and get up. "Same he says grabbing your candy and standing with you.
You both start walking back towards your house when you see Tyler ahead of you.
"Shit" you mumbled to yourself.
Tyler starts walking faster towards you and see Vance beside you.

He comes up to you and grabs your wrist and starts you yell at you. Vance back up a bit not knowing what to do. "You little fucking whore!" he pushes you to the ground and kicks you in the face, your nose starts to bleed and blood fills your mouth.
You see Vance swing at Tyler. They start fighting and Tryler pulls out a pocket knife. Vance hits it out of his hand so you crawl to grab it.

Eventually vance is on top of Tyler beating on him.
"Vance stop" you say still on the ground. But he keeps swinging.

"Vance I said stop" you say raising your voice more. You slowly stand up.