05

Emmett told her a few more things that she needed to know before they pulled up to his house but he didn't want to overwhelm her so he opted to wait on telling her that they were basically soulmates.

Ronnie smiles marveling at the scenery "wow it's so pretty up here and your house is gorgeous."

Emmett smiles at her "Well Esme will be happy that you think that, she designed the house and chose the location."

He parks the jeep and gets out, going around and opening her door "shall we milady?" she gets out of the jeep and he offers her his arm.

She takes his arm "we shall, my kind sir."

Emmett leads her into the house, Ronnie with a smile on her face "I can't get over how beautiful this place is"

Emmett chuckles and leads her into the living room/lounge area where the rest of his family is waiting. Emmett looks at her as she closes her eyes blocking out the other thoughts in the room "are you okay?"

She opens her eyes and nods with a smile "yeah I'm fine... I was just blocking them out."

Emmett nods at her "alright Veronica Swan, met my mother, and father Carlisle and Esme."

She smiles at the both of them "it's super nice to meet you both I've heard nothing but good things."

Carlisle shakes her hand "It's nice to meet you too Veronica." 

While Esme goes straight in for a hug "it's nice to finally get to meet you, Veronica, we've also heard nothing but good things."

Ronnie smiles hugging the woman back. "You have such a beautiful home"

Esme smiles wider at her "oh thank you I see you have an eye for design?"

Ronnie nods at her "yeah, I love that sort of stuff, or well at least I used to."

Carlisle smiles at the girl again "you know you've taken this rather well from what I can tell" 

Ronnie looks at him, remembering what Emmett said about him maybe being able to help figure out what she is "yeah well you aren't the only ones in this town with a weird secret the only difference is that you know what yours is... Me? I don't know what the hell is happening to me but it's weird so yeah not really all that bothered that you guys aren't human."

Carlisle looks at her "what happened? or would you prefer to talk in my office?"

Ronnie smiles "well considering that everyone's gonna hear it anyway might as well get this out of the way now, six months ago... well it'd be seven months now but anyway, seven months ago I snuck out to go to a party you know just normal teenager stuff, and I got locked in a closet with three other people after a dare and the house caught on fire while we were trapped in the closet, the other three died and I didn't, they found me when the fire department got there and put the flames out I was unconscious but I was alive and they said I didn't have a single burn on my body like the flames never even touched me but everything else in the room was scorched expect for me, they said that the closet we were in was the place that was burnt the worst even more than the room it started in... but that's not it, I woke up in the hospital four days later and I could hear voices... it took me a little while to realize that I wasn't just hearing voices, I could hear the thoughts of the people around me and that's also not all I can make things move just because I want them to move"

Ronnie looks at a magazine on the table and thinks about it flying into her hand and a second later the magazine flies across the room into her hand "like that" Ronnie sighs "everything has been different since the fire.... everyone thinks I'm freak, I shouldn't have survived that fire but I did and I don't know why... I don't know what's happening to me. Every time I get worked up... I get really hot even to the touch and it feels like I'm gonna spontaneously combust and my eyes glow orange... like the color of fire orange"

Carlisle looks at the girl with an understanding smile "from what you said it almost sounds like a Pheonix... I'm not very well versed in the lore about them because they are very rare I've only ever met one."

Ronnie thinks for a moment 'it makes sense... I mean a Phoenix rises from the ashes, right? and well what if I did die in the fire and that's what activated everything? because before the fire I couldn't read minds or move things with my own mind.' Ronnie looks at Carlisle "you think I'm a Pheonix? As in a supernatural firebird?"

The blonde vampire nods at her "from what you said... that is what makes the most sense and I have a friend that I can call who can confirm for sure if that is what you are."

Ronnie looks at him "really? please, can you call them? I need to know what's going on with me"

Carlisle smiles at his adopted son's mate "of course... Let me go and give my friend a call"

Carlisle walks out of the room and into his office to make the phone call and after a few rings there is an answer "Hello Carlisle my old friend" 

The blonde vampire smiles "Hello Valerie, It's been a long time."

Valerie knows that the man called for a reason "what is it that you need?"

"You know I hate to ask but I need you to come to Forks... I have a girl here that I believe is a Pheonix like yourself." 

That catches the redhead's attention "what makes you think she's a Pheonix?"

"From what she told me there was a fire and she was in the building, it should have killed her but she came out without a single mark on her." 

That really caught the woman's attention "Okay I am currently in California so I'll be there as soon as I can"

"Thank you, Valerie" 

The red-haired woman smiles "you're welcome old friend" and then she hangs up the phone.

Carlisle walks out of his office smiling at the young redhead "I spoke with my friend and she will be here as soon as she can.... she is the only Pheonix I've met in my 300 hundred years on this earth." The Cullen patriarch studies the girl for a moment and had to admit she, favored Valerie they had the same red hair and their eyes were nearly identical. 

Ronnie smiles "thank you" she hopefully will be getting the answers that she's been looking for, for the past seven months, and not that she knows it yet but she's about to see her mother for the first time since she was six years old.

***
Ronnie is finally gonna get the answers she wants and she is also getting a surprise when Valerie gets there XD.