03

That got the attention of the rest of the Cullens they all look at the red-haired Swan girl even Edward.

Emmett looks down at her in slight concern "the voices?"

Her eyes widened when she realized she actually said that out loud "I'm sorry I shouldn't have said that, I didn't mean to say it out loud."

Emmett shakes his head "no it's okay... you don't have to talk about it if you don't want to."

Ronnie sighs "let's change the subject yeah?"

Emmett smiles at her "okay so changing the subject Veronica Swan meet my siblings Edward is down on the end and beside him is Alice, Jasper is to your right, and on the other side of me is Rosalie, and Damon"

She smiles looking at each of them "Hi, I'm Veronica but I'm sure you already knew that... after all my name is most likely in everyone's mouth today." Ronnie rolls her eyes.

Edward looks at her "you mentioned voices do you hear them right now?"

Emmett glared at him while Ronnie looked at him and sighed "yes and the only reason it's not overwhelming me again is because of this what feels like a blanket of calmness wrapped around me."

Edward nods glancing at Jasper who gives a slight nod "okay can you tell me what they're saying?" Emmett smiles at Jasper for calming Ronnie down.

Ronnie rolls her eyes "well it's mostly calling me the fire freak, saying I started that I started the fire, and a bunch of other rather rude words that I probably shouldn't repeat."

Edward nods realizing that Ronnie is hearing the thoughts from the students around them because that's the same things he's hearing. "how long has this been happening?"

Ronnie looks at Edward again "Six months... It started after I'm gonna call it the incident for now because I really don't want to talk about it" the bell rings before anyone else can say anything and Ronnie gets up and throws the barely touched tray in front of her when she gets overwhelmed it usually leaves her with very little appetite so she just ends up picking around at whatever food is in front of her.

Emmett catches up to her as she walks out of the cafeteria "what's your next class?"

Ronnie looks at him "PE"

He grins at her "Me too" then out of nowhere he throws an arm around her shoulders and leads her towards the front of the school.

Ronnie looks up at him "what are you doing? The gym is in the opposite direction than what we're going"

Emmett smirks down at her "I know but clearly being around a crowd of people is making you uncomfortable so we're not going to PE today."

Ronnie starts to protest but decides to just go with it if they call her dad then she'll tell him that she just got overwhelmed and he'll understand. "Fine but let me stop by my locker first"

He nods at her with a smile "okay you got it, Ronnie"

So she takes him to her locker and puts in her combination and she grabs her bag "just so you know you get me outside of this school and I'm coming back inside today"

Emmett smirks at her again "well that was the plan to just ditch the rest of the day"

Ronnie can't help but smile at him, she just met him that morning and he's already managed to make her feel better than she has since the fire, "you don't have to do this you know"

He looks at her with a smile... He barely knows the girl but he would already do anything for her "I know but I want to"

Ronnie closes her locker and nodded at him "okay then let's do this"