An Unexpected Someone

Lucy POV

I gasped for air through ragged breaths. I ran; wanting, needing, trying to get as far away as possible from this nightmare. Bust as much as I wanted, this wasn't a dream. I was tired, my calves burning, but I kept urging myself on. I don't belong here. There.

I ran faster. My right foot was caught by the bump in the gravel road. And I can crashing to the ground. I felt a stinging sensation on my legs, arms and face. I ignored it. Nothing could compare to the pain inside my heart. The wound was like an arrow pierced through the chest.

I laid on the rough path for a while, taking this time to catch my breath. Before I knew it, cries of sorrow escaped my parched, cracked lips. I let the hot tears fall. I am weak and there was no need to hide it. No need to act strong anymore.

I slowly rose to my feet, wiping my tears with the back of my hand. As I looked up, I heard the wail of a whistle break through the air, the sound of steel wheels against rusty rails.. I checked my pocket for an spare jewels.

400 should be enough. I walked up to the ticket booth and paid the brunette lady for the next train.

♠ ♠ ♠ ♠

I woke to the sound of the train conductor's voice on the loud speakers. "Our next and final stop, the Heartfilia Estate. Final stop, Heartfilia Estate."

I tiredly rubbed my eyes. Exiting the train, I trudged towards the mansion, my previous dwelling before my meeting with Natsu in Hargeon.

No Lucy, bad Lucy. Don't think about them. They abandoned you just as your father neglected you.

I shook my head to redeem my thoughts. I entered onto the dirt path that leads into the dense forest behind the estate. If I WS going to train and become stronger to prove Narsu wrong, I figured somewhere that was quiet and private would be best.

I reached a clearing in the next half an hour. It was surrounded by towering trees and was lit enough to see from one side to the other. Lucy summoned Loke and asked him to train her in physical combat.

It was still early morning, so there was plenty of time to fit in other training skills.

Lucy nodded at Loke, and their training began.

♠ ♠ ♠ ♠

Capricorn faded into a cloud of glittering dust as I slumped on a nearby boulder. I puffed and wheezed breaths as beads of sweat rolled down my forehead to my cheek and neck. My skin was sticky and moist as my clothes clung wet and tight around me.

It was almost sundown, and the cloudless orange sky made the ground turn a crisp burnt brown. As I caught my breath, I sniffed air to discover the odour of rotten strawberries.

I took a whiff at my shirt and realized it was me. I stood up and headed onto the dirt road, back the way I came, out of the forest. Many shadows cast across the damp mud path mostly of the towering trees. It got dark very fast and the thick foliage of the canopy made the rest of the journey impossible to seek out.

By the time I made it out of the home of the packed trees, a pale crescent moon was seen against the painted black sky with the slightest hints of sparkling glitter.

I tiptoed up to the front steps, my gaze was intensely but wearily focused on the double doors. I slowly pushed then open which sent a loud echo of the creak down the long empty hallways. I tensed st the sudden noise and it sent a shiver down my spine. I relaxed eventually and cautiously made my way inside to abandoned mansion.

Mohogany floorboards decorated the floor which contrasted with the cream colored walls. The ceiling was 10 feet ta and giant pillars supported the large room 4 feet apart. Paintings of every Heartfilia descendant was hung up on the walls, each painted in a different style and on different sized canvases.

I lightly continued my way towards the staircase that seperated to the left and right 5 feet up. I turned left and again, headed down another long hallway. A painting caught my eye and my boots squeaked to a stop against the glossy wooden floor.

It was me when I was little, chasing a purple butterfly. My mum could be seen sitting on a chair and my dad standing behind her. Both pair of eyes were on me and they were filled with such joy that they glistened brighter than the sunlight.

I smiled at the memory, reminiscing it like it was yesterday. A giggle escaped my mouth just ad a tear slipped down the corner of my eye. I quickly wipped it away, taking a last glance of the painting before walking towards the door at the end of the corridor.

I gasped as my finger tips brushed against the steel knob. The ice cold metal made goose bumps rise on my forearms.

Gray.

No time to think about them. I shut my eyes tightly as I swiftly twisted the knob and slammed open the door.

A strong scent of lavender and freesia invaded my senses and made my sight a little blurry, giving me a slight head ache. I placed a hand to my forehead and leaned against the door frame for support.

After I was sure I felt a little better, I decided to take a bath.

♠ ♠ ♠ ♠

I flopped on my bed, crinkling the bed sheets underneath my weight. The lavender and freesia came back but wasn't as strong as time.

As my eyelids grew heavier by the second, black spots dotted the corner of my vision and my surroundings became cloudy. Drifting off to slumber, I heard a loud thump! Come from the room a few doors from mine.

I got out of bed and decided to investigate.

I realized the noise came from mama and papa's room. I peaked through the crack of the doorway. My gaze stopped on a strange blue light. It turned slowly to face me.

My eyes widened.

♠ ♠ ♠ ♠

I am so sorry. I kinda lost my phone for a few days so I couldn't update for a while. But this chapter is finally up. It's kinda boring I know, but the next 1-2 chapters will probably also be very boring. Just a heads up in case you guys fall asleep reading these hell-a-long chapters.

Rei-chan

1100 words