Because Spoilers.

"What'd you and Oliver talked about?" Mia asked as we cuddled on her couch while Spiderman III was playing on TV.

"Guy stuff," I told her, "You know: football, weights, monster trucks, super heroes vs. other super heroes—guy stuff."

She scoffed, rolling her eyes at me. "Shut up, you don't even like football. Now, tell me what you guys talked about! You didn't tell him that we...umm, you know?"

Was she not able to say the word fυck? I wasn't sure if I found that endearing or something to laugh at. Probably a bit of both. "Don't waste your time, Mia, I'm not gonna spill."

She sighed, turning her body to face mine and I glanced at her which was a fυcking mistake 'cause Mia knew just what to do to make me go insane. She looked up from her lashes, her lips pressed in a slight pout and when she licked her lips, I got the sudden urge to push her down on that couch and rip off all her clothes but I'm a fυcking gentleman so I pushed away all my barbaric needs and instead all I did was smirk and tell her: "I'm immune to your lady charms, Mia." Which, by the way, is a fυcking lie.

She didn't give up though. "You know what's a waste Damien?" she asked, her tone was slow and sultry. I gulped and tried to hide how she affected me. "The fact that Anna's sleeping in my room and Julie won't be home tonight and here we are talking about trivial things like what you and Oliver talked about but you won't budge so we can't move on and do whatever it is you wanna do with me tonight."

I groaned.

Oh, fυck.

"Fine, I told him, okay?" I answered a little too harshly before I turned around to face her and grabbed her wrist, pulling her into a searing kiss. The kiss wasn't anything romantic or anything like that, but it held emotions I've had for her and I don't understand just how much it sucked not being able to kiss her like this when I found out my feelings for this woman. Because I know now that I've had a taste of Mia that as soon as this is over, I'm pretty fυcking certain that I won't be able to get enough of her.

Instead of her pushing me away like how I half expected her to do, Mia's hands found their way under my shirt and the next thing I know, she was touching me everywhere, and fυck it, I can't believe how much I'm enjoying this. I don't even know how long this will last, but screw thinking about that because this is happening right now and damn it, I love every second of it.

I lied down on the couch with her body pressed against mine and everywhere we touched, it burned me.

"Damien," she moaned, her nails digging on my skin, and I'm pretty sure that was when I lost it.

I never thought I'd be awake at three in the morning, cuddling on Mia's couch half naked right after a long session of mind blowing sex.  She was lying down in front of me, her back pressed against my chest and I could feel her breathing softly against my body.

"Damien?" she mumbled, sounding sleepy.

"Yeah?"

"What's going to happen to us?" she wondered, snuggling closer to me. She took a deep breath and hugged the blanket tighter around her body.

"What do you mean by that?" I asked, rubbing my eyes. "I'm not going to let you run away, if that's what you're asking. I'd lock you up in my room if I have to."

She giggled, shaking her head. "Your room doesn't have a lock."

I laughed with her. "You're right. I guess I could just get Anna to play prisoner with you. I'm pretty sure she's evil enough to keep you inside the house forever."

"That is probable."

We both had a laugh about that. I could actually picture Anna dressing up as a police man and beating up Mia with a stick and pointing a gun made out of paper at her, telling her to stay in the room. It was actually pretty adorable.

"But in all honesty, Mia," I said after a moment of silent, "We've got to talk about this."

 "I know." Then she sighed. "What do we do, D? I don't want to lose you, D," she whispered. She sounded so scared that it practically broke my heart hearing her say that.

"I don't want to lose you, too."

"Can we...just forget this happened?" she asked, sounding rather tired.

I frowned, not liking the idea of that. "Are you really asking me to do that?"

"Damien, you're my best friend, I don't want to complicate what we already have. Look, last time this happened, we didn't talk for weeks and it killed me. I don't know what I'd do if I lose you right now."

"And to not lose what we have, the only possible answer you can think of is to forget what happened?" It was a rhetorical question and I'm pretty sure that I said it a little too harshly but what the hell, excuse me if I'm a little pissy because the love of my life just told me to forget the best sex I've ever had.

"Yes," she answered, sitting up and crossing her arm over her chest. She then took of my shirt which was kind of hot—mind on the fυcking situation, Damien. She threw it at me and grabbed her discarded shirt on the floor and put it on.

"And you don't think that, oh, I don't know, going out with me isn't so terrible?" I all but barked.

Her eyes watered and I noticed her gulp before closing her eyes and took a deep breath. "Go out with you?" she repeated, staring blankly in the floor.

"You can't honestly tell me that you don't have feelings for me, Mia." It was a long shot and I don't even know if she does or doesn't have feelings for me, but damn it, our relationship was on the line right now and I can't have her doubting us now. We've been together for long and I never even thought about not having her in my life because just thinking about hurts already.

"But we're best friends..."

"I thought all those stupid chick flick we watched ended in happy ending every time the best friends get together!" this was  stupid argument, I know, but I'd use all the gunfire I have in this conversation.

"But that's the thing, Damien!" she cried, "Those are movies! This is real, and scary, and oh my god, Damien, what if we don't work out? What if we realize that we're not supposed to be together? That we're just supposed to be best friends and stay like that? I mean, what if –what if we break up and end up hating each other and splitting up our friends and then I'd regret ever pushing our friendship pass what it is right now because it might ruin everything!

"I need you to be here with me forever, Damien," she rasped out, tears falling down her eyes and she looked a bit of a mess. "And if we go out there's a chance that we're going to break up and I don't think I'd be able to lose you and not lose myself if that happens!"

"Mia, don't you think I'm fυcking terrified, too?" I retorted, walking towards her. She took a step back, but I wouldn't have any of it. I took a step closer towards her every time she backed up.

"What if we don't break up?" I muttered, reaching out for her. Mia looked at me with fear in her eyes but she didn't flinch away. "What if you and I work out so great that we make Oliver and Ella wet their pants of how awesome of a couple we are?"

Her eyes softened and the corner of her lips lifted in a grin. "But what if we don't?" she repeated.

I let my fingers touch her cheek, tracing the outline of her jaw. "But what if we do?"

"I'll fight for you, Mia," I said, taking her hand in mine. She lifted her gaze, her eyes meeting mine. "I'll fight for us," I promised, lifting her hand to my lips, my eyes never leaving hers. "I'll never hurt you, you know that."

"You mean that?"

"You're the Gwen Stacie to my Spiderman, Mi."

She chuckled. "She dies though, and gets replaced by Mary Jane."

"But, Gwen's his first love. You never forget your first love."

"I suppose I can live with that," she said. "Having Spiderman as my boyfriend isn't so bad."

"I'd never let you go."

"I'm counting on it."