Epilogue

What skill have you always wanted to learn?

The next time Emery blinked, they were in the foyer of the academy.

"Oh, good God." Luther said, heavy with relief. "Wh...what day is it?"

"April 2, 2019, day after the apocalypse."

"Wait so we stopped it? My god, it's over?" Vanya asked.

"Did we... actually succeed at something? That's incredible!" Klaus threw his head back like he was preaching.

"Oh! Alright!"

"I don't know about you guys, but I need a drink." Five said, beginning to wander off to the main room they needed to pass through.

"Yes." Luther agreed as if he'd heard nothing better

"In fact, I need several." Klaus agreed.

"I'm in. I'm in." Luther added.

"I should go find Claire." Allison insisted.

"Oh, come on, one drink." Luther encouraged.

"No..." Allison denied but it was filled with an uncertainty that told Emery she would cave and drink sooner than a child biting into a cookie.

They entered the main room, once eager steps slowing apprehensively as they turned and surveyed the room they were in. It was the same as it once was before but also... entirely different.

"Why is there a painting of Ben over the mantelpiece?" Diego asked, directing everyone's attention to the mantle where a portrait of Five used to be. Ben- a different Ben stared down at them now, a foreboding frown on his face. Emery and Five traded an uncertain glance.

"I knew you'd show up eventually." A new voice said. Reginald. Everyone turned to see Reginald stand from his chair near the fire and turn to face them. He looked the same yet he was entirely different.

"Dad. Diego breathed out, unsure of what he was seeing.

You're alive." Luther said, equally as appalled.

"Why shouldn't I be?" The man was the eye monocle asked.

"Yeah. Y-yeah, you're right. I'm... I'm just happy we're home and... together again." Luther stuttered over his response, glancing at his siblings briefly.

"Home?" Reginald asked. "This isn't your home."

"What are you talking about?" Allison asked, eyebrows drawn together. "This is the Umbrella Academy."

"Wrong again." Reginald stated. "This is the Sparrow Academy."

"Sparrow?" Emery echoed just under his breath. Footsteps sounded and he turned slowly, head tilting up until his gaze landed on several people standing on the upper balcony looking down at them with scrutinizing faces.

"Dad, who the hell are these assholes?" Ben asked. But he wasn't Ben. Not the Ben they knew at least no- this was the Sparrow Academy Ben.

And then simultaneously, everyone knew that they were fucked.

"Shit."

The last chapters are always the hardest to write. Alas, we made it to the end of season two and I could not be more overjoyed. Hope to see you all in book three!
-SBB