Remember Our First Kiss

Start from the beginning

Jenna began to cry from feeling so guilty. Alaric hugged her and held her close. Elena nudged her way between her parents and they just held each other in a group hug.

"Mrs. Gilbert, I can understand why you may feel guilty but please try not to. You honestly had no idea. As far as you were concerned your teenage son was simply having a fit for not getting his way. I promise you, you didn't do anything wrong," said Dr. Green.

Jenna dried her eyes, "Thank you Dr. Green. What happens now?" She asked.

"This is the tricky part. We need to remove that tumor but the way it has grown and where is is located it's going to take someone with the most steady hand. There is a surgeon that I know in New York with a reputation of being the best on the East. His name is Dr. Cannon. I can call him right away and see how fast we can fly him over here to perform the surgery."

Alaric and Jenna didn't hesitate, "Yes, please," they both said in unison.

Dr. Green left the room to make the phone call.

VVV

Damon had been spanking Stefan for close to twenty minutes. Stefan held in his tears for as long as he could. He was only able to resist for the first ten minutes, after that he couldn't bare it any longer and just began to sob. He squirmed and kicked and pleaded with his brother to stop.

"Damon, I'm sorry, I know I messed up. I won't do it again. Please! Please stop!" Stefan cried.

Damon didn't like having to spank Stefan for so long but he was notoriously stubborn and always took twice as long as Emma to give in and accept his punishment. Once he started crying and kicking his legs he knew his little brother finally got the message through. He stopped and helped him off of his lap. Damon stood up and looked Stefan directly in his eyes.

"I hope you know I only spanked you because I love you; now, go ahead and change into something more comfortable if you need to and then clean up the house. I want it cleaned before you go to bed, understand me?"

"Yes sir," answered Stefan with teary eyes.

Damon gave his brother a squeeze on his shoulder and a smile acknowledging his answer. He then left him to do what he needed. His next stop was to check in on Emma. He made his way to her room and knocked on the door. After a moment or two he didn't hear an answer so he quietly opened her door. He found Emma sleeping but couldn't help but notice the fresh tears on her cheeks. He could only assume that she had just cried herself to sleep. Her bruise previously on her face was barely noticeable at that point. He softly brushed her hair off of her face with his fingers and wiped away the tears left on her cheeks. He kissed her on her nose then went to bed himself.

Before he went into his room he listened to see that Stefan was doing as he was told. He heard cleaning downstairs; he smiled as he walked into his room. He pulled his cell phone out to put it on the charger and noticed he had missed a text message from Chelsea.

'Hi baby, is everything okay with Stefan and Emma?'

'Stefan is cleaning the mess from the party now and poor Em cried herself to sleep,' Damon texted back.

'Jared was sitting next to me when he was talking on the phone with Emma. It turns out what set Jeremy off the most at the end was a text that Em got from Jared. Jared feels really conflicted. He has a big time crush on your sister but also likes Jeremy as a friend.'

'Mmm, that can be conflicting. This certainly isn't the first time this has happened to Emma. It always kills me inside when I think how young she was when I had to turn her or lose her. As beautiful as she was/is at "14," what would she have looked like at 16 or 17?"