How They Met

Maria was wandering around town, trying to sell some of that old shit her father thought would be valuable.

She looked up and couldn’t believe what she saw.

She saw the most beautiful woman she had ever seen.

Maria got very hot and her heart started to beat violently.

The woman noticed her and smiled. Maria nearly got a heart attack.

She saw her again every day. She saw her laughing with some other women. But she never spoke to her.

Until they bumped into each other.

'H-hi,' the young girl stammered.

'Hi. You’re that daughter of the salesman.' She said.

'Yes.'

'What is your name?'

'M-Maria,' she stammered.

'I'm Elisabeth.' She shook her hand. 'Nice to meet you, Maria.'

As Maria was the only one in her family who could read and write, she had to make the posters for her father's company. And they were never good enough. 

She had a huge fight with her family that night. They called her the most terrible things. They sent her away. 

She was about to lay down in the gutter when she saw a very familiar face. 

'Hey, Elisabeth!' She yelled happily.

Elisabeth smiled and waved at her. But she didn't come to her. She sat down and stayed there for a few minutes. Maria decided to get over to her.

'Hey, Maria!' Elisabeth enthusiastically greeted her. She grabbed her and gave her a kiss on her cheek. 

Her cheek began to tingle and she started to beam. 

'What are you doing on the street late at night?' Asked Elisabeth.

'I was sent away by my parents,' Maria whispered. She decided to not lie to Elisabeth.

'Sorry that I'm doing this, but I had to piss badly and I couldn’t hold it in anymore.' Elisabeth said.

'It's okay, pff. My parents do it too. Unlike me.'

'Don't you?'

'No, I'm very shy. I'd rather have some privacy.' Maria smiled shyly. She ran her hand through her messy hair. 

Elisabeth's POV

How beautiful she was. Elisabeth bathed in her beauty. Even with that bruise under her eye and her messy hair, she was the most beautiful girl she had ever seen. She suddenly felt ashamed. She was sitting here while…

'How did you get that bruise under your eye?' Elisabeth asked.

'I've been hit,' Maria whispered. 

'By who?'

'My mother. She was mad and then she punched me in the eye.' She couldn’t lie to the woman she secretly loved so much.

Elisabeth cupped her cheek and gently stroked the bruise.

'Ouch,' Maria whispered. A tear fell down that cheek.

'Oh, honey…' Elisabeth felt so sorry for the girl. Poor, a disgusting neighborhood, and then being hit too…

'Why were you sent away?' Elisabeth stroked her cheek.

'Because I gave my opinion.' Maria looked at her feet. 'I was mad because my sister made fun of me, and then my parents…' She sobbed and rubbed her face.