Civil

[Azrael gets noticed by a relative while trying to talk/comfort their cousin; the person that grounded before they could explain]

The world collapses.

I just met eyes with my parent!

"I-" The child jumps into the bush immediately, knocking over the woman to expose her head to the guards—an ignorant action.

She rolls behind a distinct bush next to a tree, trying to redeem herself before she attacks a glare at the younger. "Why did you do that?" she whispers with a voice wobbly and hoarse, scratching her face overloaded with emotion away. Her face sits blank, like a bottle pretending to be empty after its content spills out, "Okay, but why did you do that?"

Azrael pinches their nose, "I saw my parent and I think they noticed me too," they swiftly peek through the bush and continue, "this isn't a good thing."

"Oh-"

"AZRAEL!"

Before the two parted ways, a mass of people latched onto them and dragged them inside.

...

Silence.

Two men roughly threw the children onto the stiff ground, staining their dignity with their teases, cries, and insults.

"Stop venting to us! Get a doctor!"

The crowd of men with similar motives snap into laughter, the thrill breaking down as one arrives, one striding across the halls as the men salute shaken, none other than the woman's father—he's unpleasant with his position for her.

"Did you hurt her?" he questions, sounding more of a scold than a question, he turns to his daughter, "Did they hurt you?"

His daughter's response is a hostile urging of breath, clawing the muck and clenching it in her fingers. She takes many sharp inhales before turning her gaze to the younger, filling the air with a slight hint of trust.

"Aww..." Azrael mumbles, their tiny smile fading as the woman is dragged down into the hall. "WHAT!? Talk to her properly, she didn't do anything!"

The older rolls his eyes with disgust, listening to the whispers of natural wind.

Some yelp, others rejoice; neither are reasonable reactions. "It's just you and me kid!"

...

[Azrael continues what she said by promising that they'll prove themself to them, saying that they'll be the next royal, the group finally lets them go with an angry aura. They get lost on their way home but eventually follow the trail of the crunched leaves from earlier, confused and pretentious at the same time.]

[Oh and the stranger was also the kid who threw rocks at Azrael's window in the first chapter of the story]

"What?!"

[...]

"Wait- you aren't supposed to reply to me aren't you?"

[Im schizophrenic, I'm not sure if I am]

[it's a disorder where you feel or see things you aren;t supposed to]

"Oh... aw22

Azra65 6C is dumbfoun64 65 64 0A all of a sudden.

[why am I still doing this anyways?]

[Maybe im just so delusional, but thats a symptom]

"77 68 61 74 27 73 20 64 65 6C 75 73 69 6F 6E 61 6C 3F"

[you know, you aren't so bad as i thought you were]

[Yeah, wait really?]

[Oh no now im not sure if i want this to be real or not]

[Oh nooo]

[I'm so sorry i dragged you into this]

[i'll be sure you will have a great happy ending]

" 27 6D 20 72 65 61 6C 2C 20 72 69 67 68 74 3F"

"W61 69 74 20, Come back I ne65 64 20 61 6E 73 77 65 72 73 21 22 20!!"

[Bye.]