Ten: An Endless Void

Kageyama was drowning. He couldn't breathe. A full pain had began throbbing in his head and wouldn't go away. His chest felt tight and he needed to scream. His heartbeat wouldn't stop racing either.

What had happened?

With all of his strength, Kageyama opened his eyes, and finally saw a door.

A white door.

It was shining.

Kageyama reached his hand out for it.

He needed to get out.

To get away.

He needed to see Hinata once more.

His fingers curled around the knob and turned it slowly.

And the door opened.

<•><•><•>

Hinata paced the waiting room of the hospital frantically. His hair was even more messed up than usual from running his hands through it. His eyes were wide and blank. He was trembling.

The rest of the Karasuno wasn't as bad as Hinata, but it was still bad.

Hinata ran his fingers through his hair again.

What if Kageyama never woke up?

What if he never got to spike his sets again?

Hinata's chest tightened with a terrifying thought.

What if Hinata never got to tell Kageyama how he felt?

His mouth opened in a silent scream and he twitched his hands, wanting to hit something.

His eyes darted around faster than he could run and he finally landed a target.

A vase.

Filled with sickening flowers.

Hinata felt nauseous. Who had the right sense of mind to feel happy when Kageyama might die?

He curled his hand into a fist and sprinted towards the vase.

Daichi widened his eyes and jumped up, about to stop him. "Wai--Hinata!" He yelled.

But he was too late.

Hinata's right fist crashed into the glass vase, shattering it into a million pieces and water splashing everywhere. Deep cuts sliced into the soft flesh of the small ginger boy and blood dripped to the floor.

A woman screamed.

Karasuno rushed to their decoy, frustration, irritation and worry in them.

Nishinoya grabbed Hinata by the shoulders and whirled him around to face him. "Hey, Shoyo!" he yelled, anger and worry coloring his voice. "What the heck are you doing?!"

Tanaka punched him in the head. "You stupid little brat!" he snapped.

Sugawara, who was more calm, gently lifted Hinata's hand and winced. He turned to ask the younger boy what he was thinking, but he stopped.

Tears streamed down his cheeks, but his eyes were dead.

Blank.

Emotionless.

An endless void.

A nurse went up to Hinata to sedate him a second time, and Sugawara turned towards the doors where the surgery was taking place. The red light was still on.

Please, Kageyama, he prayed.

Please wake up.

Please don't die.

We've already lost Hinata.

We can't lose you too.

Please.

-

Please forgive it's been rly busy for me. It's a filler sorry.

Enjoy ish

Aryniss