A Glimpse

Hospital walls have heard more prayers than any holy place.

-Anonymous (And not you akka. )

***

The lady tightened her grip on her dagger.

The knife was rather distinguishable from the regular ones

The knife was rather distinguishable from the regular ones. There was a massive red coloured stone engraved in it. The tip of the handle however had a small gap, which suspiciously looked like it had something on it earlier but has vanished now.

She made a small cut on the kid's right hand no sooner than the kid started crying. The cut soon transformed itself into a tattoo on the kid's hands and the gap in the dagger started emitting a golden light which produced a small pendant. The lady gave him a quick kiss on the forehead and took him in her arms.

" I will come for you, my dear. Until then, goodbye. "

(நான் உனக்காக வருவேன், அன்பே. அதுவரை, விடைபெறுகிறேன்.)

★★★

Michael and Mithra rushed to their cabins and tumbled in just in time. (If you don't count a few minutes.) There were no cases that had to be attended to yet for Michael, so he decided to go for a round to check up on his patients. All was good until he noticed a lady fighting with a nurse.

He recognized the lady as the wife of the man diagnosed with a partly damaged spine. He became irritated this time. The lady had been fighting with her in-laws, doctors, and family and trying to convince them against the operation. She repeatedly argued that "what if it goes wrong and he becomes invalid? ". She expressed her state of not being okay with taking care of her invalid husband. Honestly, She had the right to decide what to do. But prohibiting a necessary surgery and refusing to sign a few legal papers as his wife was not right. Michael seriously considered doing the operation without her consent and facing legal issues. The man's parents were willing after all. He walked into the man's room ignoring the fuss. The man was literally crying with pain and begging to make it stop. He gave him some regular painkiller drugs and asked if he could carry on his operation without his wife's consent. The man agreed instantly willing for anything to take the pain away. So, it was decided.

***
Amelia and Suresh fled from the college as soon as the time was up. Hari and a few other students were asking a few doubts to the professor. Anish and Hari were supposed to go somewhere together so Anish stayed back bored.
It didn't take long before Hari made his way towards him but what bothered Anish was that he brought the professor with him and all others were gone. He gave Hari a 'seriously?' look but otherwise didn't respond.

" Anish, I'm sure I haven't received your project papers yet. ", the professor commented. (Anish, enakku therunchu nee kandippa un project papers ah submit pannala. )