The first murder

Setting:- Earth
Present day

As the night threatened to consume the streets, the rain rapped brand new music for everyone to hear. The streets were almost empty as people hurried to take shelter. "It's shocking to see people hate rain "(Malai pudikaathavanga ithana pera? Adengappa. ), a lady remarked curiously. She wore a completely black dress that she might even be mistaken for the shadows if it weren't for her fair skin tone.  She continued down the lane willingly drenching herself, until she reached a particular manor. She eyed the compound gate carefully for any sign of guards and broke in with ease as none were around.

" You kept your word, after all. "(Parvaalaye, payyan nallaave velai paathurukaane ), She spoke out aloud and grinned wide. She entered the manor through a window that was left open as promised by someone. The lady was impressed by his sudden loyalty to her and betrayal to his companions. "Kill him once the job is done, he's a traitor, after all", she made a mental note. Her plan was however disturbed by one of the men spotting her. 

"Hey! Who are you?! What the hell are you doing here?! ", the man yelled out aloud and loaded his gun out of reflex.  (Hey! Yaar nee?! Inga enna kalattitu irukka?!)

The lady simply grinned wider and stepped closer to him.

" Stop! I won't hesitate to kill you here and now! ", he tried to threaten but the lack of maturity and experience were clear by the fear in his eyes.

" Oh dear, You can't kill me.  I just happen to be immortal. ", She informed him and saw the colour drain out of the man's eyes.  Soon the other 3 stepped into the temporary arena. (Ada thangame. Enaala saaga mudiyaathu. Naan inga permanent. )

The man decided to shoot the lady at that moment and she dropped to the floor unmoving.  The other men grinned at the sight and one went near to check her breathing. He laughed out heartily as she wasn't breathing. " Immortal? ", he asked sarcastically and broke into a fit of laughter.

Within a minute, he found himself on the floor with a long needle through his neck.  Most probably dead judging by the amount of blood that pooled around him.

" What part of immortality you don't understand?!" she yelled in anger. Her eyes which were once blue turned into crimson red. The humans fell to the floor butt first and yelled out for various things. One for God, one for explanations, and one for mercy.

*****

Amelia shot up from her bed at the sound of the annoying alarm which showed 3:00 a.m. She switched it off lazily and crept out of bed.

She pulled herself to the living room and found that the radio was left on the previous night. News of the murder of 4 men in their friend's house was playing on it. The graphic details they decided to add in almost made her puke. She quickly turned it off and whined about the electricity bill that would have to pay. 

"What an awesome way to start the day!", (Aarambame amarkalama irukke! ) she whined again and went for a bath. Her plan and mood to study completely gone now.  Just another arrear, she convinced herself. She was the first to enter the college that day, yet she ran to the last bench and stretched her legs out.  After about an hour... Just kidding 10 minutes, Anish and the gang walked in and were left speechless at the sight that greeted them. Anish was the first to pull himself together and ask the ultimate question.  " Amelia... Why are you here? " (Amelia... Inga nee enna pandra? )

Amelia looked at him like he had grown a second head but nevertheless returned the favour.  "We must write the exam, no matter if you've learnt or not.".  (Padikromo illiyo exam ezhuthanum.)

A handful of the gang smiled at the lame vada Chennai reference while the others rolled their eyes.  Anish simply smiled and made his way to the last end of the class which had a window and made a seat there. His friends followed him and soon the last two benches were full.