Origin of Languages

Hey and welcome! Today's fact will be about the origin of languages , which this will be a bit longer than usual... hmm, isn't it kinda weird that we're the only species that can talk? And I don't mean parrot talk, nor how aquatic mammals communicate, but I mean with words. Not only with words, but the ability to simply write them down and tell a story, or sing out words and even read them off a page - an obvious evidence that we're all made in the image of God — but not everyone agrees.

Because of our fallen nature, not everyone believes we are all one — like brothers and sisters. We create partiality in so many ways by the color of our skin, hair, eyes, height, size, and even certain languages. First off; why is there so many languages to begin with? I personally only know two; Spanish as secondary — but even that doesn't compare with over 7,000 known languages in the world!

Okay, so according to the bible, there was a point in time that everyone knew one language — the world actually, but now there is multiple ones because of what happened at The Tower of Babel. The story is believed to be a myth but the tower of babel is located at the very heart of the vibrant metropolis of Babylon in what is today Iraq.

Genesis11:1-9; "As people moved eastward, they found a plain in Shinar and settled there. They said to each other, "Come, let's make bricks and bake them thoroughly." They used brick instead of stone, and tar for mortar. Then they said, "Come, let us build ourselves a city, with a tower that reaches to the heavens, so that we may make a name for ourselves; otherwise we will be scattered over the face of the whole earth." But the Lord came down to see the city and the tower the people were building. The Lord said, "If as one people speaking the same language they have begun to do this, then nothing they plan to do will be impossible for them. Come, let us go down and confuse their language so they will not understand each other." So the Lord scattered them from there over all the earth, and they stopped building the city. That is why it was called Babel—because there the Lord confused the language of the whole world. From there the Lord scattered them over the face of the whole earth." ‭(NIV‬‬)

Now, you're probably thinking why God did such a thing if they simply wanted to build a tower and a great city for everyone to gather. The thing is, it's because it goes against God's command in which he gave to Noah after the flood in the first verse of Genesis 9.

Genesis 9:1; "Then God blessed Noah and his sons, saying to them, "Be fruitful and increase in number and fill the earth." (‭NIV‬‬)

They were going against God's command to go and spread out to be fruitful and increase, filling the earth. But as human beings — like always — goes against everything that God commands. That's why it was necessary to confuse their language so that they won't be stuck in one place, because their goal was to build a high tower and a big city so that none may spread out the earth and multiply!

So because of the language difference, it made humans leave and split up to different places across the world to start their own civilization, and whatever trait they carried and the environment they lived determined the adaptation of having light or dark skin tones.

Do you know that scientists have discovered that all human beings have found that we all share the same DNA and genetics? This gives us a clue that we came from Adam and Eve, meaning there is no such thing as another kind of human. Like it or not, we are all one kind, that is, the human kind. Or to put it more simpler; their is only one race and that's the human race.

But apart from race, this is how the origin of languages have spread throughout and have given identity to many cultures. God have given us communication and languages, there is no animal who has the ability to communicate as we do with words and mouths. Sure there are parrots who can talk as I said before, but all they're doing is copying and mimicking sounds. This is also another huge evidence that flies over our heads - we are made in the image and likeness of God.

Since this is a sign that we humans are made and designed by God with a capacity and ability to retain larger knowledge and information — ya know, the ones animals are unable to grasp. But unlike most animals, because of our fallen nature due to sin in the world, humans love to make their so called "kind" better than others, giving them an excuse to mistreat others who are different, which comes from pride. The same pride that got the devil kicked out of heaven.

This kinda reminds me of Charles Darwin, who believed African and Jewish people were closer to apes, which means they were seen as the lowest human beings on earth, which also means that they were considered of less value. No one can know for sure what were Charles Darwin's true intentions, but it may be because it fits with his worldview, which is athiestic.

So he thought it was okay to cage an African man who looked and acted like an ape for scientific research. That's the thing with almost every scientist - they're able to do what they can achieve, but they never think about whether they should do it or not, but since most scientists don't believe in God due to the pride of their knowledge, there is no moral accountability keeper, therefore anything is permissible if there is no supreme judge of the universe taking such actions accountable.

Going back to the origin of languages - every knee and every tongue will bow and confess, even those who are tribal and territorial will have to give account. God shows no partiality and is the God of unity and not separation, and he promises to unite all what humans have failed to do - to live in peace together like brothers and sisters who treat and love each other despite differences - and this is a promise that will one day come true🤍

2Peter 3:9; The Lord isn't really being slow about his promise, as some people think. No, he is being patient for your sake. He does not want anyone to be destroyed, but wants everyone to repent. (NLT)

Acts 10:34-35; "Then Peter opened his mouth and said: "In truth I perceive that God shows no partiality. But in every nation whoever fears Him and works righteousness is accepted by Him." ‭(NKJV)‬‬

Revelation7:9-10; After this I saw a vast crowd, too great to count, from every nation and tribe and people and language, standing in front of the throne and before the Lamb. They were clothed in white robes and held palm branches in their hands. And they were shouting with a great roar, "Salvation comes from our God who sits on the throne and from the Lamb!" (NLT)

As I have said before, and I'll say it again; God is already accepting of everyone — he accepts you — flaws and all. What man have rejected, God have accepted.

Now go and get to know Him, I would love for you to be in heaven one day, and I'm sure you do too!