Chapter 20

“U-uhm…” Mr Holms stuttered, placing a slightly plump hand on his stomach.  “Thank you, but… who are you?” The older man asked as he stared up at the members of one direction.  Each of them had a sad expression on their faces as their eyes swam with sympathy.  Well, all of them except Liam of course.  Instead, the wavy haired boy cupped his face in his hands, shaking his head.

“Dad…” Lydia muttered under her breath as she stared at the five boys, star struck and breathless.  “Th-that’s One Direction.”

“Shit,” Maggie coughed as Lydia became weak in the knees.  Her ankles began to shake as her eyes rolled back. 

“Crap,” Freddie blurted and ran to catch his fainting sister. 

“D-did she just faint?” Asked Zayn as he peaked over Harry’s curly head.  “Well, it wouldn’t be the first time that’s happened.”

“Aw, look what you did!” Delilah exclaimed, glaring at the boys, as she rushed to her little sister.  The older siblings began to fan her with their hands as Lydia’s brown eyes fluttered open.

“I’m okay,” she mumbled, “I’m okay.”

“Pardon me,” Mr. Holms said to the five boys sternly before turning to his eldest daughter.  “Delilah,” he snapped under his breath, sounding alarmed. “Who the hell are those boys and why are they living in my- sorry- you’re house?”

“Oh, uhm…” Del rubbed the back of her neck nervously as her and her father stepped out into the hall.  “Well, you see dad, it’s really kind if a funny story atctually.”

“Right,” Mr. Holms nodded, crossing his large arms over his chest.  “I’m sure I’ll find it very amusing.”

Del chuckled nervously and continued.  “Well, Dad, uhm, there was a screw up… with the paperwork for the ownership of this house.  The boys also kind of bought it too…”

“What!?”

“It was a mishap, it wasn’t meant to happen!”

“Well, they’re going to have to move out because we bought this house and-“

“Dad,” Delilah whined, “Mom would have found this situation humorous.”  Well, that shut him.  “I mean, if she had been in a good mood.”

Mr. Holms’ dark blue eyes, very much unlike Delilah and Lydia’s brown ones, darted to the ground as he inhaled sharply. 

“Yeah,” Mr. Holms exhaled, shoving his fists into his jean pockets.  “But,” The man said, bringing his head back up and shooting his daughter a stern look.  “If you’re sleeping with any of them, so help me-“

“Dad,” Delilah chuckled, shaking her head and her hands.  “We’re all pretty sure they’re partially gay, I’m not sleeping with any of them, don’t worry.”

Mr. Holms gave Delilah a small, loving smile as he ruffled her hair. 

“Good.”

“Oh, yeah, Dad, one more thing… they’re international popstars.  Just a heads up,” Del nodded.

***

“No Lydia,” Delilah rolled her brown eyes as she turned her back to her little sister, flipping the sizzling pancakes on the kitchen stove.

“But, why not!?” The 16 year old exclaimed, sticking out her bottom lip.

“Because.”

“Because why?”

“Because, you can’t sleep in Zayn’s room, get over it,” Delilah huffed, scrapping the bottom of the pan with her spatula. 

“But, Del.  You could be introducing me to my future husband that way!” Lydia attempted to compromise.