Chapter 3 - Revenge for the dead

3rd person POV -

Katheryne was feeling strange.

This was weird because she wasn't programmed to feel strange. Or anything at all, but that stopped because of Aether.

The first time she met him, she was functioning normally.

This kept on changing over the course of the next few months, and before she knew it, Katheryne was attached to him and his little floating friend.

Then there was the other weird feeling.

A sudden hatered for all who forced the traveler to take comissions.

Katheryne reported all this when she went to get he maintainence, but they couldn't find anything wrong with her.

Apparently she was evolving. All because of her new friend.

As Katheryne returned to her post in Mondstadt, she found out about what happened to the traveler.

Her system instantly went rouge and left the spot at the adventurer's guild to look for Paimon and Aether.

Unfortunately she found them.

Dead...

Rotting...

.

.

.

[Unit - KAR : 00133 requesting backup]

.

.

.

[Access granted]

Katheryne was grnted permission.

Her rouge system went back to normal and she returned to Mondstadt with Aether and Paimon in her hands.

"Hey Katheryne. Didn't expect to see you outside the rec-" Bennett said before suddenly falling on the ground.

"̶̲̌͗͗I̵̝̐́͜t̷̢͐ ̵̲̀͝w̵̹͉̻͊̊a̷̼͐s̴͔̥͝ͅ ̶͎̖̓̐y̷̡̙͒̀ͅo̵̧͍͎͘̚u̴͈̱͗r̵̫̉ ̸̛̫̊j̶̣̩͗͋́ͅo̷̙̲̟̓̑͠b̷̞̤̒.̵̞͇͛̍̇͜ ̸͔̋͌Ŗ̸̹̥̒ĭ̴͇͐͂g̷̛̫͍̩̉̾h̴̪͖̉͠t̸͍̋̌?̵̯͎̌̏̄ͅ ̵̠̕͝Ẏ̵̢͓͙ŏ̶͔̼̳͐͝u̶̟̒̓͝'̸̖̅͊̈́r̷͓̥͑̎͝e̷̦̊ ̵͎̟̩̐̓̒ã̸̟͜n̷͍̖͝ ̵͓̦̭͋̔a̴̪̗̻̾̉͋d̷̛̝̥͖̐͊v̷̜͍͖̂ẻ̸̯͌ṇ̸͐͝ẗ̷͇̮́́͊û̶͜r̴̬͊̋͝ȩ̵̙͋͌͂r̴̖͂.̴̨̀.̷̛͇́́ͅ.̷͔̔ ̴̤̦͕̽́ī̸̹̣̮̓f̷̧̈́̈́̕ͅ ̷̣̣̜̋ỹ̷̨̝͙ô̴̢͕͝ȕ̷̢̫̟̀͗ ̶̱̦̻̒̚͝d̷̗̞̥͠ĭ̵̯̇d̸̗͊ ̶̯̤̓͂̎y̸̬͌̊͜ȯ̵͇̑u̶̠͕̎́͛r̴̞̟̈͘ ̷͕̤̅͗j̸̱̥̘̕o̶̪͓͔͐̈́̾b̶̧̏ͅ ̸̧̯̌̀͘ͅp̴̛̰͍̊̇ŕ̴̹̺͕o̶̙̯͐͝p̷̐͒́ͅë̴̢̦ṟ̶̈́̽ļ̵̠̾̆̚y̷̬͆͌͝,̵̡͐̓͠ ̴̧̫̽̓ẗ̶̢́̆̚ḧ̶̠̻́e̷͉̦̜̔̑ỳ̴̛͎͇͚͠ ̴̲̏͒͝w̶̭̔́͘õ̸̼̲̆͐ǘ̸̠̚͜͜l̷̢̩͙͋̿̊d̶̞̋͊ ̴̙̭̈́̋b̸̪̒́ë̷̹̱̖̌͘ ̸͔́à̸̼l̷̡͚̐i̷͉̲̔v̵͉͓̐e̴̡͙̗̅̿͝"̸̨͇͝ she said as Bennett was swiftly eliminated.

"Katheryne! What the fuck!?" an adventurer shouted.

Katheryne's head rotated 180 degrees to face him.

The adventurer started running before he too was eliminated

"̴̲̥̭̐Ä̶͇́̈́e̶̞̹͇̽͑t̵̞͂̔h̶̹̤͙͆̿̋e̷̲̒͌r̸͍͓̓̈.̷̻́̀͝.̵̹̓̎.̴̜̫̠͗̄ ̸̞̭̺̀͋̕P̶̱̭̓̀͝à̷͖́i̴̲̐͘m̵̢̚o̷͓͆̉͘ǹ̸͚͍̈̈́.̵̡̥̭͑.̷͇̼͗̽͘.̵͔̈́͗.̴̹̪̅̏ ̴̡͔̾͛̕W̸͈̲̅͒͝e̴̪̹͗͘ ̸͎̫͂̄h̶͕̬̜̽͊̅a̶̢̗̩̋v̷̺͝e̷̹͝ ̷̪̳̲̍̔s̸̢͈͒͗o̵̠̓ ̷͔͆m̷̳͚̟͠ā̸̡̹̬̈́ñ̴̖̋y̸̦̱̒͆̅ ̸͓̩̈̃u̸̲̰̤͑͊͘s̴͖͋̃e̷̙̒̑̓l̸̞̎̎e̸̥̜̐s̷͖̝͖͘s̵̨̞͎̽ ̴͉̦̙́͛͘a̶̺̱̫͑d̵̨̤̭͛͊̃v̵͍̎͂e̷̢̞̞͌̈́ñ̷̼̳͛͠t̷͇͉͆ù̷̝r̸̰̘̽̈͠ĕ̸͔͈̦ṟ̸̀s̶͖̒͝ͅ.̴͇̱̈́̕ ̸̜̞̈́͂͝Ŗ̸̠̫̉̈́͠į̸̮̉́g̴̊̀̇ͅh̶̲͎̭̐̌̀t̷̢̯̪͒͂?̷̪̠̬̿̇ ̵̧͇̜̌L̸̰̱̜͆è̵̼̌̽ͅt̷͍̠̀ ̷̩̜̐͠m̶̙̖̅̉͗o̸͖͕̎̿ṃ̴̛͈͆ ̷̳̈́̿g̷̦̈́e̶̞͌t̸̰̏ ̴̗̠̓̽r̷̝͑i̷̤͙̠͋̎͐d̵̪͓̬̏̀̀ ̵̦͖͂͘o̵̬͓̩̒̿f̶̱̈́ ̷͉̄͛t̴͉̝̠̽̂̂ḧ̸͚̀é̴̙̤̂̀m̵͇̗͊̉ ̵̮͒̍́f̷̪̼͘ơ̵̡̟̍͝r̶̭͈̆̔̀ ̷͈̙͊̌̏y̵̮̲̐̓̈́o̸̪͈͒u̴̢̗̅́͗"̷͆͜͠ she said as weapons started coming out of her.