it begins

The day of the start of the junior champs was today, we were all so excited. Drew and I had woken up early and due from being really excited we did not get back to sleep. So we decided to go out and brush our horses and get them all beautiful.

Lemonade was being her usual self. That is keeping me from catching her for about half an hour. We brushed and washed our horses, then put them in the stalls.

When we walked back into the house we realised no one was up still. We had five hours before the champs started.

Josh and DJ were the next ones up. However they looked like they were Zombies, I have to admit it was pretty funny.

“Wow, someone was awake today.” Drew laughed as he watched his brother move towards the fridge. DJ gave a quick look at Drew. “Thanks” He said sarcastically said as he pushed Drew out of the way. Damon had woken up at that time and had come out with Mathew in tow.

“DJ” Damon called. DJ walked towards Damon as Drew followed as if he really wanted to be around DJ.

“Drew stop being annoying.” DJ complained as he tried to understand what Damon was telling him while pushing Drew towards the door.

Coach came in about 1 hour later to tell us to get ready, which to his disbelief we were already ready. “Ok let’s go guys, Drew stop pissing off your brother and help Greg with the paper work please.”

Drew throw his head up and moaned as he walked towards me and sat down. “What do you need help with” He asked, I could tell he wanted to this, everyone liked doing paper work.

After we had finished the paper work we all got into the two cars. In the first car it was Damon, Drew and I and in the second car it was the other three, Josh, DJ and Mathew.

When we got there we got the horses to the stables and then meet up at the course. We got into pairs to walk around the course with before all the other countries came. I went with Drew.

This would have been one of the hardest courses I had ever done. Drew the same, but with a team like Germany this would be normal.

Two hours later we were all standing beside our horse waiting for our names to be called out to go to the entrance.

“Next up we have Josh Finch.” Josh trotted over to the gate but there was something not right. “Josh, wait.” I called as I ran over to him.

“Nah Josh pull out” I said as I felt her leg, I want to forget the look he gave me. It was as if I had split his heart in two. “She’s not feeling to good Josh” we signalled for the officials to come over and told them that Josh would have to pull out. “Don’t worry there is always Germany.

Drew and Mathew had gotten clear rounds while DJ also had gotten a clear round however Damon knocked one rail down. There were five riders left and so far. A German rider was third and English was second and Drew was first.

I was last to compete in my group and I was so nervous. I had walked the course and there were many jumps riders had trouble with.

It was my turn, my turn to shine.

Drew and DJ walked towards the fence to watch while Mathew and Josh talked about, were they talking about V8s? anyway while they were talking about V8s I was focused at the job in hand. Lemonade was rearing to go, she always loved competing, now she is competing in her biggest comp so far.

I walked to the gate to wait for the bell. The bell went. I broke out into the course. I cleared the first one and the second, Lemonade felt so well under me. She soared through the air; she made it look so easy to do. The triple combination was next. Over the first, over the second then over the third. We cleared the next two jumps. We came around to the last jump. I jumped over, I heard a rail rattle. Please don’t fall down.