-ⅱ

ᶜᵃᵖᵗᵘʳᵉ ᵗʰᵉ ᶠˡᵃᵍ

╘════════════╛

          Zoe Nightshade looked pretty upset. She glanced resentfully at Chiron like she couldn't believe he was making her do this. The other Hunters didn't look too happy, either. Unlike last night, they weren't laughing or joking around. They huddled together in the dining pavilion, whispering nervously to each other as they strapped on their armor. Some of them even looked like they'd been crying.

Remus just glanced away without care, though. Whatever was their business was their business. What was his business? Nico DiAngelo was making it a point that he also wanted nothing to do with the group of girls that stole his big sister. They made his new friend feel like his one family member didn't want the burden that was him anymore. 

And Remus can relate. 

He held the same resentment after he was taken from his father, but he at least understood. A four-year-old demigod/ wizard/ newly turned werewolf to take care of all on your own? Anyone would crack under the pressure. But it didn't make it hurt any less. 

But life goes on as it does without care of who it hits on the way. 

The teams for Capture the Flag were compiled and standing about, discussing the game or just regular nonsense. Not being one big on fighting, Remus gladly took the position with Nico- guarding the flag. While fighting isn't something he goes out of his way to do, he does know a substantial amount, and he was helping Nico prepare and giving him pointers on how to wield the dagger Chiron gave him for protection purposes. 

For protection, Remus had just his wand and a hidden dagger. Being surrounded by a magical barrier during break had its perks. The Ministry couldn't reach him. 

"Remus? I thought you were on bed rest after the full moon?"

Oh look, the person ignoring him was acknowledging him, how nice. 

"I feel perfectly fine, Percy. I've had plenty of chocolate and bed rest, and I'd like to move a bit and maybe punch a hunter on Nico's behalf." Nico, having his chest plate adjusted by Remus at this moment, grinned like an idiot. Even if he lost his one confidant, he feels he gained a new one. 

"Yeah!"

"No ones punching anyone Moony, seriously you need to take it easy. Remember the last time you were this stubborn?" 

Feigning his most innocent, confused face—which he used on Professor McGonagall, or Minnie as he and the marauders had taken to calling her almost daily—he shrugged, "I don't recall."

"You, children of Athena, will be the death of me." Percy tapped his forehead before turning back to Charles Beckendorf. "Just don't move from your position, kid, and let Thalia and me do the heavy lifting."

Remus just nodded, wanting him to either go away or confess the reason his sister wasn't here when he was. The shorter boy could see the storm in his eyes swirling about, so he grabbed the scarred boy's hand. Not exactly used to being the one to support another, he did what he could. "They'll find her, Remus."

"They better. Or I will myself, but that wouldn't be the best idea. Having me loose about America." He put his head down in self-loathing, something Nico had never really experienced in his short life, so he didn't know what to call the look on his face except possible anger. 

"What do you mean 'loose about America'? Would that be dangerous for you or something? Why would that make you angry? Wait—no, I shouldn't have asked that. It's probably personal. We literally met yesterday. I can go away if you want—" Nico's mouth was covered by a calloused hand.