-ⅰ

ⁿᵉʷ ᵃʳʳⁱᵛᵃˡ

╘════════════╛

          Full moons were bitches. That's the quote of the day here in Cabin 6, and it has been for every full moon in the past 7 years Remus had lived there. He just loved the feeling of all his bones snapping and twisting and forming a whole new skeleton very slowly and very painfully. 

Moving on from last night's torture, Remus was lounging in his bunk, reading Alice in Wonderland for the billionth time. His half-sister Annabeth was supposed to come visit after helping Grover with his assignment, and it was taking longer than he hoped it would. This was the first time in five or six years that they had been apart for a long time, and the separation anxiety had kicked in long ago.

He wanted to tell her in person about the friends he made, all on his own! His first half of the year at Hogwarts was his first time out of camp and could definitely be counted as a quest with all the oddities involved. 

They just can't know that he's a demigod or a werewolf, that could go bad. Gods, he sounds like a YA protagonist, but male instead of female. . .

His brow crinkled, as it always did at the part where Alice listens to the drink me or the eat me and changes size. Very unwise, his same thought every time. Only this time, the crinkle hurt him, making him wince as it moved the new scar on his forehead from the transformation.

I need chocolate. . .

Taking a deep breath and setting his book aside with a bookmark, careful not to crease any pages, he stood with a wince and a huff as he shuffled out of his cabin. He was still wrapped in his brown wool blanket, forgetting to put on his fluffy slippers. He trudged up to the Big House to get hot chocolate and a bit of ambrosia. 

Ugh. . . the bane of my existence. . . stairs. Bloody Hogwarts being full of 'em-

Granted, there were only three, but that's three more than he wanted to do right now. He did make it up, but he tripped on his wool sock, getting caught in the wood, which made him stumble into the door of the house. He just accepted defeat and slumped on the door, hoping D or Chiron would hear and open it for him. Hopefully, they come soon, he's getting co-

"Can I help you, Ratatouille?"

Remus looked up with a tired smile. "Hi, Mr. D. Could I trouble you for some hot chocolate?"

"Gods, you look like shit, kid. In ya get," the god walked back inside, prompting the son of wisdom to follow suit after almost falling, trying to stand and waddle to his drink.

"Mr. D, who was at the—oh hello, Remus, my boy, how are you after last night? I had checked on you, but you were still out cold. Get the boy some hot chocolate, D. You know how he is. Come sit, son." Despite barely following the word jumble that came out of Chiron's mouth, Remus flopped onto the couch as he was handed a steaming cup of rich chocolate that made him get butterflies in his stomach.

"Thank you," is what he hoped he said, but one can never tell.

Did something just crash? Remus paused his sipping and shared a confused look with the two immortals before the front door burst open. Too many footsteps followed the slamming door, and Remus really didn't want to see that many people, so he went into his blanket, hoping never to come out again—until he needed more chocolate.

"Percy! Thalia! Ah, and this must be—"

"Nico di Angelo," a familiar voice said. "He and his sister are half-bloods."