Summer Dress

This morning I get out of bed and find that Belly was gone. At first I was confused but then it dawned on me that she was supposed to meet up with Cameron. It was some type of boat thing, I'm not really too sure.

I get out of bed and get ready for the day. My hair, my makeup, my outfit. I wasn't sure of my plans for the day since I would usually hang out with Belly.

As I look myself over in the mirror I notice how much my head had bruised. I try covering it with makeup but it wouldn't fully cover. I try to pull my hair towards my face to cover it and just hope that my mom doesn't see it.

"Morning." I say as I enter the kitchen. I notice that Belly was here as well. She must have changed her mind.

"Why do you look...nice?" Steven asked as I enter the kitchen.

"Am I not aloud to look nice?" I asked as I went to grab orange juice from out of the refrigerator.

"She's probably gonna FaceTime her boyfriend." Josh teased making kissy faces.

"Real mature, Josh." I said sarcastically.

"Hey, you're the one that's supposedly "reached maturity". He said referencing the debutant thing.

"Would you leave your sister alone?" Laurel said lightly hitting Joshes chest. I send her a smile.

"You have a boyfriend?" Jeremiah asked.

"Yeah, so what?" I asked.

"Nothing, I just didn't know." He said. Jeremiah sounded hurt that I hadn't told him about Myles.

"Yeah, back home they can't go five minutes without texting each-other." Josh laughed.

"Yeah, well at least we can go five minutes without making out." I responded seeing as Josh and his girlfriend are constantly all over each-other when she's over.

"Ooh, solid burn my dude." Jeremiah said.

"Can you guys not be so loud? My head is still killing me." Conrad called from the living room.

"Good morning everyone." My mom says as she now enters the kitchen with groceries.

"Morning, y/m/n." Jeremiah responded.

"Did you go to the store?" Laurel asked.

"Yeah, I had to pick up some stuff so I went ahead got some things for dinner." Mom explained. "Y/n, what the hell happened to your face? Your nose looks swollen."

I stood there for a moment unsure of what to say. I turn to see Conrad was sitting up, eyes locked on me as everyone waited for my response. "Uh, yeah. I uh, I ran into a pole yesterday."

"You ran into a pole?" My mom asked confused.

"Yep." I said taking my glass of orange juice to the table.

"Oh my god!" Susannah said entering the kitchen. "Both of our girls are going to be debutantes."

"Wait, Belly too? My sister? That thing over there?" Steven teased.

"This is going to be so much fun." Susannah exclaimed. "Oh, I can't wait. There's the tea, the auction, of course there's the ball, the rehearsal. We need to go shopping."

"This sounds...expensive." Laurel said.

"Oh, don't worry. It was my idea so both of our girls are completely on me." Susannah said.

"Belly, are you sure you want to do this?" Laurel asked. "It doesn't seem very you."

"It's not. It's not either of them." Conrad spoke up from where he still sat in the living room.