Chapter 9: Amends

Rest In Shit Rooster Teeth. You were good until you weren't.

Blake POV

The days passed with little interaction between us. Even on the first day, when I first woke up I was left by myself while he was out doing Oum knows what in illegal activities, leaving me to wander the streets carefully to not be spotted by my team: drinking tea on the third level outside dining area of my favorite tea shop, reading books whilst loosely hanging my legs above an alley intersection, and skillfully parkouring back to (Y/N)'s abode to see him either brewing and sitting at a table with some unknown formulas and math equations that he seems to fluster himself constantly to sleeping on the couch. I respect that he let me in and necessary space, but I feel that he was too quiet while having me around.

Every time I try to strike up a conversation, he pushes it away with a cold and blunt response or is busy with a task. The most I've ever gotten out of him was frustrated looks and small talk. It felt like I was getting nowhere in terms of mending my status with my team.

(Y/N): "Hey..." I stopped before I left to clear this foggy mind of mine as I turned to see (Y/N) dressed in a black and white jacket, blue jeans, and a face I remembered trying to slash. "You wanted to talk, I'm all ears for today."

Blake: "Let's find a place to discuss first."

I didn't have much in mind with little idea as to where I decided on somewhere I was comfortable with; the same tea shop that I have been visiting every once and a while. (Y/N) seemed to acquiesce to my suggestion by his silent eye roll as we both trekked silently without a leak of emotion up to our table as we drank in complete utter silence to each other.

My drinking paused only by the sound of the clink of his porcelain teacup as he placed it down at stared his beady red eyes at me when he rested his chin upon his folded hands.

(Y/N): "So... what is it that you want to discuss about? White Fang, I presume..."

Blake: "Is it that obvious?"

(Y/N): "This is what it seems to be about. If I know anything about you and your race, it's the struggle for equality. Humans and their superiority complex... just because you have different features. I swear... if the faunus race didn't exist, humans would have treated their kind with even the slightest difference the same way."

Blake: "Backpedaling a bit... you know how I was once part of the White Fang?"

(Y/N): "How can I not? When I look at you, all I think are those activists." I shot him a furrowed look which he replied by dryly firing a sarcastic remark. "I'm still surprised that you want to become a huntress. Do you want to enhance your killing edge?"

Blake: "I not becoming a huntress to aid the White Fang in their violence. My vision is for the faunus to be respected, not feared by humans."

(Y/N): "You ran away from your friends and you still believe that the White Fang can be steered in a good light. What are you going to do now? I for one would say you owe them an explanation and an apology."

Blake: "That is the least of my worries right now. I still don't believe that the White Fang is behind these robberies. They never needed this much dust before."

(Y/N): "I think you know why..."

Blake: "Huh? What do you mean?"

(Y/N): "Let's state the elephant in the room. Why would an organization need that much dust?

Blake: "I don't know what you are trying to say."

(Y/N) sighed, laying down his hands as he leaned in a tiny bit.