1.Sweet Dreams?

Where are you going?" I ask, yet again as I trail behind the boy. My eyes follow his bare back as he moves in front of me.

He looks over his shoulder and I can see the hint of a smile, his dark eyes twinkling against the dark night. He turns back around and walks on, stepping over rocks, making wild turns, until he stops at last.

I stop behind him.

"That's beautiful,"I breathe as I take in the scene before me. A beautiful lake, outlined by tiny rocks all around, situated smack in the middle of an open area.

The land although bare with no trace of life looks beautiful. In the distance, I spot rows of hills draped over the scenery like a garland of flowers carelessly strewn across a painting .

I feel his hand lift my own, his fingers lightly brushing mine. A shiver of excitement rushes through me at the contact and I gasp inside.

His fingers are warm and his hand feels strong, masculine.

"Come here," he says and my eyes widen at the sound of his voice. It is the first time I'm hearing his voice.

Without noticing my reaction, he guides me over the rocks, still holding onto my hand and leads me over to the edge of the bank where we both take a seat facing each other.

I look up and see a thousand stars-maybe a million-twinkling against the black canvas of the sky.

"Reshma," comes his voice beside me.

I jerk my head towards him. "How do you know my name?"

He looks down at his tattered shorts and takes a deep breath.

"I have to tell you something," he says, looking up. He holds my gaze with an intensity that was beginning to accelerate my heartbeat. My breathing hitched and I doubted if I could even speak. So I simply nod, urging him to go on.

"Reshma, I love you. I love you from the deepest of my heart. I've always loved you. But now..."

I tune him out as my head is spinning .

Love.

He told me he loves me.

A part of me wants to throw my arms around his neck, kiss him senseless and tell him I love him too. But there's another part, the rational part that's telling me that this is all a dream.

Its all a dream.

Its always been the same dream. Me, the boy standing in the middle of nowhere. Today, things were different because he talked to me, touched me.

"Reshma," he calls. He speaks my name so softly and it sounds so perfect to my ears.

So right. Like he's known me all his life.

I look back at the boy, study his face. The way his dark hair sloppily falls over his forehead, the way his eyes are shining, the way his lips are parted. Lips that seem to be calling my name.

I smile at him, and lean forward so that our faces are only inches apart. I hear him take a ragged breath, and he moves closer till our foreheads are touching.

We both stay very still, looking deeply into each other's eyes.

I decide to make the move and tilt my head. He mirrors my action and I can hear our hearts thumping wildly against our chests.