Chapter 3

It had been an entire night since Aunt Anita dropped the bomb on me of whom I was and where I came from. A whole night to cope with this new information and I still couldn't wrap my mind around it. Anita was my mother, Andrew was my father. Shane was my uncle. And the baby in my locket next to Andrew is me. That was a lot to process.

What was I going to do?

A knock at my door startled me. I blinked a few times before I managed to find my voice. "Come in."

It was Thomas looking just as hot has ever, regardless of the fact that it was eight in the morning and he probably just rolled out of bed.

He stopped in the doorway and looked me over carefully. "Whoa, Liv. You look tired. Did you sleep at all last night? Wait, don't tell me you went skinny dipping without me! I knew I shouldn't have gone to sleep last night. Freaking jet lag!"

I couldn't help but laugh at him. "Do you always have inappropriate thoughts?"

He thought about it for a second. "Not always, but most of the time, yes."

I blushed. It's amazing he still does that to me. "For your information, I didn't go skinny dipping. I was up thinking."

"The whole night?" he said, crashing on my bed. "Sounds exhausting."

"Well, I did have a major bomb dropped on my last night."

"It must have been to make you stay up all night."

There was another knock on my door and it was Anita standing there with a bright smile on her face, almost completely repaired form our conversation last night. If it wasn't for the slight bags under her eyes this morning, I might not have known it happened at all.

"Breakfast is here. Shane brought the works! Come on, let's have breakfast on the patio. We can catch the life guards going on duty."

She fluttered by my doorway just a quickly has she had came to it and Thomas laughed. "Your aunt is bubbly in the mornings. And apparently has a thing for life guards."

I puckered my lips like I just tasted something sour.

"What's wrong with you?" Thomas laughed again.

"Nothing. It's just that the things Anita does aren't nearly as amusing to me anymore."

Yeah, like my mother checking out young lifeguards. I shivered. It was amusing when she was my aunt, but not my biological mother.

"Okay. Did you two get in a fight or something?"

I stared at the door way she was just standing in and sighed. "It's not a superficial as that. But we can talk about that after breakfast. Come on. I'm hungry." Stood and pulled Thomas from my bed.

"I'd much rather stay here with you," he smiled mischievously.

"I know you would," I giggled. "And that's why we should probably go."

"You torture me, Liv," he said, stumbled out of the room after me, rubbing the sleep from his eyes.

"Good morning, Olivia," Shane said then glanced at Thomas and nodded. "Thomas."

Out on the patio, there was a huge spread of food. Anita was right, he got the works. There were bagels, pancakes, bacon and eggs, fruits and jellies and a variety of pastries. My mouth watered. I could get used to this kind of treatment. I took the seat next to Thomas who was already filling his plate with food. I grabbed a pitcher of orange juice and poured myself a glass.