33

Tea-rful Reunions

It was the next day when Iroh's tea shop officially opened. Zuko and Keya stood behind the man with proud smiles on their faces. Iroh deserved it all, he deserved the best. After all his trials and tribulations, Iroh never did anything but support and guide the two teens under his care. This new chapter in his life was only a small repayment that the universe could offer him.

Zuko and Keya subtly held each other's hands as they watched their new customers enter the shop one by one. People from all over the city had come to witness 'The Jasmine Dragon', a.k.a. 'Mushi's new tea shop' (so it was called among those who previously frequented old man Pao's tea shop) as it opened on its first day.

"Who thought when we came to this city as refugees, that I'd end up owning my own tea shop? Follow your passion Zuko, and life will reward you." Iroh spoke to his nephew with a wide smile on his face.

Zuko beamed at Keya. "It already has." He looked back at the old man beside him. "Congratulations, uncle."

"I'm very thankful." Iroh said.

Zuko patted him on the back. "You deserve it. 'The Jasmine Dragon' will be the best tea shop in the city."

"No," Iroh elaborated, "I'm thankful because you decided to share this special day with me. It means more than you know." He put a loving hand on Zuko's bicep.

Zuko, in return, enveloped him in a big hug.

"You too, miss Keya. I hope to have you and Zuko on my side for a very long time." Iroh spoke through his hug with Zuko.

"Who said you have a choice in the matter?" Keya joked lamely. "I'll stick with you for as long as you'll have me."

"Ah, that's all I want, dear. Come here!" Iroh pulled Keya into a hug. The Earth Kingdom girl ended up squished between her friend (slash lover? The two hadn't worked that out yet) and her father figure in the world's most loving group hug. Zuko was the first to pull back, the others followed suit.

"Now let's make these people some tea!" The young Prince exclaimed. Keya hid her giggle behind her hand.

"Yes!" Iroh laughed. "Let's make some tea!"

And that's exactly what they did. For hours on end, the trio worked endlessly to serve and provide fresh, hot tea for their customers. Everywhere they went, new people were waving their hands to make another order. Keya ran around and welcomed new guests as they came while Zuko brought out the tea to each table. Sometimes Iroh would come out himself and explain the properties of certain leaves and herbs for those curious enough to ask, but most of the day he was stuck in the kitchen where he brewed on endlessly for his guests. It was safe to say that Iroh's tea was a massive success.

Later in the afternoon, three young men walked into the shop with hope and hesitance sketched into their faces.

The oldest of the three looked to be around nineteen years old. His tan skin and dark brown hair gave him a foreign appeal, but his eyes were definitely green like what would be expected from an Earth Kingdom citizen. His clothes were different shades of tan and brown mixed together. They were clearly well-worn and in need of replacement. His bare feet and broad stance indicated that he possessed the talent of earthbending. Together with his wild locks and scruffy facial hair, he appeared rugged and tough.

Next to him stood a teen around his age. He was slightly taller than his older counterpart, but the youthful features he possessed clearly emphasised that he was no older than seventeen. His tan skin matched the older man, although his brown hair was lighter in shade and longer in length. His emerald eyes and strong bone structure made him handsome for his age. For his attire he wore a similar outfit to the other man, with the addition of a sword strapped to his back and multiple daggers hiding beneath the layers of his traditional tunic. Whereas the older teen looked muscular and brawny, this teen appeared more lean and strategic. Still, their resemblance made them likely to be brothers.