Chapter 14

Aurora woke to the sound of scraping of claws on her room. Winter was standing in the doorway with a small bag hung around his shoulders. Aurora hopped out of her bed quietly, trying not to wake Anemone and quickly she grabbed her satchel of small belongings to take with her. It was around midnight. 

Hopefully the rest of Jade winglet would be outside, ready to go. They landed down on the exit to the cave, awaiting Turtle who was taking his time. Aurora lay on the stone cold ground, thinking about how this could possibly be her last time at Jade Mountain. 

She wished Turtle would hurry up because night patrol would come round in 15 minutes. Turtle came hurtling through the corridors, a look of fear etched across his face. "Tsunami saw me! We're going to be in huge trouble if we don't go now!" He screamed. 

As soon as Turtle had finished his sentence, everybody launched into the air. Aurora knew that if she didn't use her animus magic, they would be caught. She didn't really want to waste her soul. How would she do it without revealing her magic? Did it matter if anybody found out? It kind of did because if they found out she was an animus, Winter would get suspicious of who she inherited them from. 

She muttered a spell under her breath on her moonstone earring. "When the word 'On' is said, make the wearer of this earring and any dragons within a 20 metre radius invisible to any dragons outside of the radius. When the wearer says 'Off', the charm is deactivated until the wearer says 'On'" She whispered, hurrying to clip the earring on. "On!" She half shouted to herself. 

"Who are you talking to?" Kinkajou asked her confusedly. "Oh... Just to myself. I'm just thinking about how we might be able to get out of here." She said, hoping Kinkajou would believe her. To Aurora's relief, Kinkajou shrugged and flew up to Moon, discussing something that Aurora wasn't bothered to listen in to. 

Once they had got out of sight of Jade Mountain, the group had settled down into a cave in a distant mountain. She softly tried to breathe fire, but it didn't work because her IceWing genes were dominant. 

Moon set a branch on fire, and from there it turned into a small fire. "How are we going to find Hailstorm?" Moon asked Winter. Winter scratched his head. "I don't know." Aurora thought for a second. She could use her animus magic to track down Hailstorm, but she didn't want to loose too much of her power. But then again, how else would they find Hailstorm? 

"I'm an animus..." She whispered softly. Everybody in the cave turned to look at Aurora. She flinched, not appreciating everybody's cold stares. "I could use my power to find Hailstorm, but I don't want to waste it. I already used it on this earring so that we'd be invisible to Tsunami" 

She said, anxious of everybody's responses. "But how? Stonemover is the only NightWing animus. He's Sunny's dad. He couldn't be your's because he was with Queen Thorn." Winter said suspiciously. Aurora knew it wasn't going to end well. She was going to have to tell them the whole story...