Chapter 4

Nat calls the dogs to the kitchen once again.  Once they arrive she gives the 'at ease' command and they dig in.  I give a smile as she takes her seat at the table.

"Alright guys breakfast is ready." Steve says.  Once everyone is seated we all dig in and my stomach grumbles in delight as I stuff half a waffle in greedily.

"Junie, slow down or you'll choke." Clint laughs with his own mouth full.

"Shut up, you know how it was in the corps.  Either eat or the boy will steal it as soon as you take your eyes off it.  With two super soldier at the table I'm not risking shit." I reply grumpily.

"So you were in the corps?" Bucky asks quietly.  "What was your rank?"

"Gunnery Sargent." I deadpan, keeping my eyes on my plate.  I hear forks clatter to the table.  Glancing up I see Steve staring at me slack jawed.

"You moved up fast." Bucky says trying to ease my clear discomfort at Steve's reaction.

"She is the youngest Gunnery Sargent in the history of the corps." Clint beams with pride.

"Clint..." I grumble tensely.  Quickly he looks down trying not to smile.

"How about we discuss something else." Natasha intervenes quickly.

"So tell us about your students." Steve says.  My frown swaps to a wide grin as I tell them about the shenanigans my preschoolers dole out daily throughout the rest of the breakfast.

***Time Skip to after breakfast***

"Alright, so I'm gonna give you guys about 2 hours to grocery shop together for the next months worth of groceries.  We aren't allowed to eat out more than once a week because of not wanting to change my routine to avoid detection.  While you are gone I will create a chore chart.  Clint, is there anyone else who needs help hiding? Cause I've got the house on the farm available and it can fit 4-6 people." I ask.

"Um, yeah actually we have Bruce, Tony, Peter, Rhodey, Thor, Sam and Loki."  he explains. 

"Alright, get me a secured line to Stark." I reply.  He quickly hands me a cellphone which has already been dialed.  

"Barton where the hell are you guys?!"  comes shrieking through the phone when it is answered.

"Barton, yes... Clint, no." I say dryly.  "Clint tells me you and a few friends need a vacation spot.  Have Loki reach out to me in my mind and I will explain where to go.  My picture is located in Clint's bunk on the jet if he needs that to be able to contact me."  With that I hung up.

"Did you just hang up on Stark?" Steve asks shocked.

"Yes." I say point blank.  Bucky was dying laughing.

'Hello young Barton.' pops into my head.

'Hello Loki, there is a farm in upstate New York where I have a home.  If you all wish to use it you may free of charge.  Wilson will need to work with my clients and I would love for you to work with the horses since you have wonderful gifts with animals.' I reply mentally.

'Show me a picture sweetling.' he says.  I mentally picture my house on the farm.  'Thank you darling, should you need us just say my name mentally and I will bring you who you need.'

'I appreciate that.  Tell the group the farm has everything they will need including groceries as long as they don't mind gardening and butchering.  They can't leave the farm!  Wilson will find a list of my clients in my upper left side desk drawer and client files in the drawer below that.' I reply.

"Bug, you in there?" I heard as I come back from my mental communication.

"Yeah, sorry, had to get the rest of the team to safety." I explain.  "Now Clint take my card and all of you out until two hours from now.  Make sure you grab everything on the list.  My recipes had to be like quadrupled because of you all so make sure you get the right amounts or we will miss meals."

Steve and Bucky snap to just like normal Army brats while Nat and Clint dilly dally a bit.  Once they all leave I grab my other credit card and head to the craft store.  Quickly grabbing everything I need to create the charts, yarn, crochet needles, paints, pastels, canvases, sketch books, and a metal stamping kit.  I then head to the hardware store.  I grab several large wooden targets, axes, knives, and a few cleaning supplies because they are cheaper at the hardware store.  Then I head to the gun store.  Thank God I thought to call ahead and I already have clearance to purchase.  I grab my chosen weapons and more targets and vests like I used to wear in the corps.  Heading home I quickly create the chore chart and lay things out based on what belongs to who.  Just about 15 minutes before the gang was due back a knock comes from my front door.  I carefully make my way to it and look through the peep hole.  Luckily it was only the dance store delivery I had ordered for Natasha.  Grabbing the packages and placing them in her pile I quickly wrap everything and wait quietly.

"We should have gotten more then what she asked for on my card Clint.  We can't let her house the entire team who was on this mission and pay for everything." I hear Steve say from the hall.

"Trust me Steve, knowing my Junie bug she probably has a pile of presents not only sent to the farm for those guys but legit sitting in the living room right now." my brother replies.  I smile because he knows me so well.

"Wait, no, Clint she can't." Bucky stutters as the door opens and their eyes land on the table full of wrapped gifts. "Oh my God she did." 

"My brother knows me well.  The team at the farm won't get their presents until tomorrow." I wink  "Bucky, Steve, Clint, Natasha" I say as I point to the piles.  They quickly put away all the groceries and sit with their piles.