49.3. Preparations - Part 3

Gotrid (15:36)

My Emperor, I hope I'm not imposing by writing you a personal message.

I'm staring at my phone's screen. I've been speaking on the phone with Gotrid several times before but it was never really private. We were always discussing the situation in the States. I look around but Liana's hard at work and Erik isn't even here.

I can just casually reply, right? Actually, I don't care about some stupid royal protocol, I'm more concerned about Erik's reaction should he find out. He's jealous of Gotrid because he symbolises everything he's so afraid of.

I freeze in a moment of sudden clarity. Isn't that exactly what our psychologist Zetraya was talking about? One of the signs of unhealthy co-dependency? Am I holding back because I don't want to make Erik angry? Am I letting myself be limited by him because I fear his reaction?

I should take another step, progress a bit more again. I shouldn't be afraid to talk to men just because it makes my partner jealous. So I decide to reply. It's not like I'm cheating, Gotrid is a just a friend. A bit teasy but a friend.

Aefener (15:38)

No at all. Are you okay?

Gotrid (15:38)

I couldn't have been better. I'm seeing my Emperor in just a week!

Aefener (15:39)

I'm looking forward to meeting you in person, too. And our other guild members in the States.

I send that message, a bit nervous that he might misunderstand. I do genuinely look forward to seeing him but I don't want to give him a false hope. Even though his teasing was mostly for fun until now, something tells me he pursue me for real if he was given a chance. And if I was single, I would see nothing wrong with that, he's my type. But I'm taken. I already have a partner I love immensely.

Gotrid (15:40)

How are the preparations going? The Celestial community here can't wait to finally meet our Emperor.

Aefener (15:41)

A ton of work as expected. A lot of studying. Liana is crazy about our safety while I can't imagine being on a plane for ten hours. I just wish we were able to fly over the sea with our wings. Maybe one day we will be?

Gotrid (15:42)

We're not migratory birds, Your Majesty. :D By the way, I have happy news and that's actually why I texted you in the first place.

I wait for a few seconds to see what news that is and Gotrid sends me his selfie... in the air!

Aefener (15:43)

Oh, you flew! Congrats! How did it feel?

Gotrid (15:42)

Amazing, of course. :) I can't wait to be able to fly with you, my Emperor. I already asked Her Excellency if it's okay and I got my approval. Let's play some games!