Author's Note

Last night, I read through some of the comments on the last chapter. It's come to my attention that the ending does not sit well with some people. That's okay, it's the reaction I expected.

I would like to offer an explanation on why I chose the ending I did. Most stories have a happy ending. I tried to chose one that was neutral. The story of Victoria, Lucian, and Flora was neither happy nor sad. Victoria lost her memory and they will begin their lives all over again, minus some events because guess what? The beginning was also the ending.

(woah, never seen before plot twist, so cool, so original, I love me) 

I am well aware of the fact that it was abrupt. To the people who are upset about the ending, I am truly sorry. There's only so much I can do with a keyboard and my imagination. That being said, I would like to touch up on the subject of commenting.

I took the time to read most of the comments on the last chapter. Most everyone was divided between loving how it ended, or absolutely despising it. I understand that this story was not for everyone. I understand that and I am okay with it.

I am 16 years old. I wrote this book when I was 15. I don't know anything. I don't know anything about this world or how it works, and I have yet to figure that out. And I will take my time and learn from experience the right way to do things. I wrote this book without knowing where the next chapter was going. I made this up as I went along. Hours of research and devotion went into creating this. And I did it for two reasons: Because I love to write and because it's a way of expressing myself to strangers just because it makes us both happy.

I understand that this story was a bit rough. Some chapters are long, some are short, some don't make sense, and others are just plain strange. That is a-okay, friend. I write first and edit later.

Maybe someday, after I'm all grown and widowed and rich (from the inheritance of my billionaire sugar daddy who died of mysterious causes), I can stumble across the magic of Wattpad once more. And maybe I'll sit down and read some of my stories, the stories that little teenage me wrote to pass the time and make something of myself when I had nothing else to do and laugh at the inexperienced words that somehow made their way onto the Internet.

But for now, I will continue to make a fool of myself on this wonderful website. Writing is a way for me to express myself. There are some things I would rather share with strangers than my closest friends, like my love of big bad men and the impact a bad childhood can have on psychology. My friends wouldn't understand that. Maybe a stranger from the other side of the world can.

I hope that this can soothe some rough feelings over. I didn't do a very good job of explaining myself, but if you read this book from start to finish, you already know that I never do. 

HessianKills