Chapter 1: Burdens

Obi-wan and Anakin were flying at hyperspace, it was quiet on their little ship. Outside the cockpit was the living area. The living space had a counter, fridge and a sink for food and drinks, down the hall on the left was the refresher and to the right was their shared bedroom which has two sets of double cubicle beds.

Their flight had been going well so far, the only noise coming from their systems were the faint beeps and hums of the hyperdrive. The two sat next to one another in silence just taking in the peace of hyperspace.

“Anakin?” Obi-wan asked, breaking the silence.

“Yeah?” Anakin responded.

“Are you alright?” He asked.

“I'm alright." he answered simply.

“Anakin I know you don't like talking but...”

“It's nothing really” he interrupted him.

“Alright” Obi-wan sighed.

They both knew they weren't completely done with this conversation.
After a few minutes of silence the two finally spoke again.

“Hey Obi-wan?” Obi-wan's eyes immediately snapped to Anakin when he said that.

“Yeah?” Obi-wan said curiously.

Anakin stayed silent, Obi-wan could see the cogs turning in his head.

“Is there something wrong?” Obi-wan questioned gently.

“No, no. It's not like that at all.” He paused for a moment, before continuing,
“You see… I've been meaning to tell you this since we left the Temple. But I haven't found the right way to put it.” He trailed off.

“Anakin, what is it?” Obi-Wan inquired cautiously. He didn't understand why Anakin felt as if he couldn't tell him anything.
He thought about what Anakin had wanted to say for a while.

“Well….” He began before trailing off again.

“What is it Anakin? Do you need me to do anything?.” Obi-Wan asked as he saw Anakin shift slightly in his seat.

He seemed to be lost in thought. Obi-Wan continued to stare at Anakin trying to figure out what was happening. Eventually Anakin snapped back into reality.

“Okay, you won't laugh... Right?” Anakin questioned nervously.

“No, why would I?” Obi Wan responded calmly, though inside he was fuming. What does he think I'm gonna do? Kill him or something?!
Back to the story,

“Right. So anyways. It was after the meeting with the council.” he explained.
Obi-Wan waited for more to come. Anakin didn't seem very inclined to go on anytime soon so Obi-Wan decided to try another tactic.

“Okay…” he said softly, “Continue”

A look of confusion passed over Anakin's face at Obi Wan's words but then he continued.

“So anyway. When the meeting ended. Well, I went straight to my room. I had to take some time to myself after everything that happened that day”

Obi-Wan's heart sank at Anakin's words. Anakin has gone through so much in the last year and still managed to go through every single bad thing he experienced. He had been forced to watch people die, see his master being tortured, fight in war. The list goes on!

And yet he still manages  to remain calm, happy even, despite the horrors he's seen! How did someone manage to make that kind of life bearable? Was it really hard to live through them? Or was he doing just fine? Obi Wan didn't care to find out which one was correct. He needed Anakin to talk to him now.