The need to make a choice

OLIVER's P.O.V --

She's leaving.. Why now, when everything is only getting better. It's almost 6 months, why couldn't it be a year, or even three.. I wish I had the opportunity to know her longer, see her grow up, help her when she's mixed up, and be there when she's upset. But I won't. And there is nothing, I can do about it..

ALEXANDRIA'S P.O.V--

I went into the enlisting office today. They gave me paperwork and explained to me the health requirements.

I am going to see my doctor next week to get a check up, since I haven't been in a couple of months. ( Probably not a good health choice, but i'm lazy)

I also needed to start working out, my muscled are too limb to start boot camp right away, so it'll probably take me a couple of months to gain strength. Good news for Oliver.

I drove over to the neighborhood gym and got a membership and a trainer. Also, starting next week, i'm doing yoga. To keep me centered even when i'm most frustrated, which will happen, especially when there will be thousands of people around me and tons of them yelling.

I felt so good about myself, like i could had the world at my fingertips.

only. I didn't.

--A week later-

I went to my doctors appointment, but nothing really good came out of it.. only about 1/3 exciting.

---Later that day---

I invited Oliver to come over and have another movie night, but really I just needed to tell him the news.

About an hour later he showed up with chocolate and ice cream because I might have told him we are watching The notebook..

"Ready?" he kissed me and set the goodies down on the side table by the couch before taking a seat.

"Yeah but before anything, I went to the doctors today.." I halfheartedly smile.

"Yeah, what happened?"He cheerfully insisted.

"Well, he told me i'm not fit for enlisting, for one" Oliver just smiled for a second and then noticed my depression and hugged me and as sweet as he is he handed me the ice cream jug. Making me smile of course.

He held his finger up to motion that he'll be right back and ran to the kitchen and came back.

"Can't eat ice cream without spoons" He laughed and I lifted up the lid to the cold goodness.

"So why aren't you fit to go" He started asking as he nibbled on his spoon-fill of ice cream.

"Two reasons" I took a deep breath.

"One" took another.. and closed my eyes.

"I'm pregnant" I opened my eyes to see him smiling with his hands covering his face.

"Oh my gosh! are you serious?!"He stood up "This is wonderful! hold shit we're gonna have a family! THIS IS GREAT!" he hollered in joy.

"One more thing though.."I killed his vibe, clearly because he sat back down and grabbed my hands. kind of, slowly.

"What is it baby" his smile kind of falling off his face..

( Wanna know how to make someone over excited then kill any thought of joy they had, within 30 seconds.. this is how)

"I have brain cancer.. and if i start chemo, there's a 70% chance i'll loose the baby, another 20% it'll come out with negative mental or physical side effects."

His jaw fell to the floor, tears pouring out already..

"You have.. brain cancer.."

"The doctor found a tumor in my brain, he thinks it's gliomas, which i guess starts in the glial tissue, whatever that is.. He said it's nothing too serious, if anything it's common so they have the proper treatment."

"Well do they know how you got it in the first place?" he shook his head

"It's genetic I guess. Runs in the family hah" I attempted at making him smile, but I got nothing.

"Your family never told you that?! Never mentioned it at any point in your life?"

"You're terrible at listening aren't you? My drug addict mother couldn't even remember her first name let alone genetics, and my dad wasn't apart of my life until she died. I don't see any point in time when the information could have been passed on" I raised my voice a little to emphasize my point.

"I just can't believe it.." He stood up and paced back and forth.

"You're going to go through so much, this is going to traumatize you! Drain you from the inside out. There isn't going to be much left of you in the end."

I lifted the ice cream up where he was walking back and forth.

"Chill, everything is going to be okay, we just need to keep our cool." He sat down after grabbing the ice cream and I rubbed his back.

"When do you start chemo, and can your insurance even pay for it?" he took a bite of the cool goodness.

"Well, in about three weeks, they need to run more tests to check up and what not. But I'm sure it's nothing too serious. I wouldn't worry about it."

I kissed him and grabbed the tub " You're eating it all fat ass" we laughed and started watching the movie.

A somewhat perfect end to a terrible day.