Hold me close, Don't let go

———A couple months later——

I don't know what happened to Josh, but i haven't seen or heard from him in almost 6 months now.. I'm not scared but I feel lonely. My mother passed away two months ago. I had to arrange her funeral myself, but Oliver was with me through it all so it wasn't too unbearable.

In two days it's going to be 6 months with Oliver, and i'm excited. Half a year with that bastard, and he's done nothing but made me happy. Last month he brought me flowers and a huge teddy bear, which he sprayed with his cologne, so I didn't go anywhere around my house without that fucking bear.

We have been talking about moving in together but haven't made exact plans yet. Still waiting.

I haven't told him about reenlisting into the Army, but soon i will. I'm just scared on how he will react, due to me being gone for about two years, but hopefully, he'll understand how much it means to me to enlist.

I think i'll tell him when he gets home from work tonight. He is supposed to come over for movie night. Which is what we do every Tuesday. 

———-Two hours later——

"BABE" Oliver hollers as he bursts through the door.

"Hey Homo" I greet him.

"Wow that hurt" he walked up to me grabbing my waist lightly and leaning in for a kiss. i stepped up to meet him half way and draped my arms around his neck.

"What movie are we watching" He mumbled against my neck as he held my in a hug.

"Amityville Horror" I smiled as he rolled his eyes. 

"I made tacos" I told him, holding his hand leading him into the kitchen.

"Tacos and a movie? What bad news are you trying to give me" He laughed and kissed my forehead grabbing one of the meat filled tortillas

I just took a deep breathe, thinking about the enlisting news "Looks like you got me all figured out" I kissed his nose as he munched on his Taco.

He just gave me a meaty grin, and returned to the couch to watch the chosen movie for the night.

"Oliver?" I kind of lingered..

"Yeah, what's up babe? his eyebrows fell into a curious haze.

"I have some.. potentially bad news.." I tried to make it easier and less upsetting to take in.

"So you remember what I told you about the Army?" I started slowly pulling off the band-aid. Figuratively speaking

"Yeah, what about it?"

"Well, I was thinking of maybe.. reenlisting.." giving him a 'I'm sorry, bad timing' look.

Of course, my worst nightmare came true.. He sat there, and stared at me. Blankly might I add. I noticed his eyes started to get a glass texture to them. His gaze just lingered, around the room, probably trying to comprehend the horror of what I just told him.

"Oliver?" I asked waving a nonchalant hand in his vision, and he snapped, blinking, he lightly touched the area under his eyes, before there were tears running down them. 

"You're leaving..?" his voice cracked as if someone just stabbed him, or he just watched someone be stabbed..

(I wish i was being stabbed right now.. ugh)

"I said, thinking about it, not sure yet" I hope that kind of aids the whole world war three episode that is probably occurring in his mind right about now.

"Why, why would you leave? Are you not happy, or is there someone after you or, or.." his jaw bounced up and down with possibilities but no words came out.

"Sweetheart, please, it's not because i'm not happy, and for gods sake nobody is coming after me, I have to do this. For my dad" I attempted to sooth his inability to process information right now by caressing his cheek. Rubbing my thumb over a tear to stop it in its midst of falling.

"But i'll never see you, how will we keep a relationship if you're gone all the time?" He looked at me with worry in his eyes.

"We can figure something out. I promise" I kissed his forehead and he just hugged me tight.

"Please don't" His voice cracking again.

"I have to" I rubbed his back and he just wept into my shoulder.

** Thanks for keeping up with this story, and i'm sorry i haven't been able to update lately. I'm working on things.

Anyway, do you think Alex should go to the Army or not? Leave a comment or something idk.

Thanks for reading :) **