The Cupid Touch Chapter 14 - Erratic Orbits

**And it gets steamy. Really quite steamy ;) By popular request!! I hope you enjoy! And if you want to know what song they were listening to, have a listen to the Youtube link.**

Joe-Moe caught me up just outside the door, and drew gently on my arm until I stopped and faced him.

"Hey. What's up?"

"Dumb stuff," I said, with a half-smile.

"I was guessing that," he said, "given it's probably in connection with me..."

He closed in on me, filling me with the deliciousness of proximity and a scent of him. It was clear even though we were outside in a windy, slightly damp night. I wrapped my arms around his waist and drew him in to a hug.

"That was your cue to explain, Ms. Morgan," he muttered into my ear.

"I loved the stars," I said, not moving from that position. "It was pretty much my favourite first date ever, despite including two other people."

He laughed, gently. "But?"

"I've been watching those two stars for years," I said. "I mean, online, in videos and pictures. They're kind-of a pure symbol of partnership to me. I guess if you take the people out of the equation, it's easier for me to believe in a happily-ever-after."

"So these two stars which orbit round and round each other became a symbol, because they were strong enough to stay together for millions of years?"

"Pretty much," I agreed.

"And now it looks like they're going to destroy each other," he said, and moved his lips to chew my ear ever so gently. It was spine-tingling, arousing, and intensely distracting.

"Well, more accurately," I said, trying to concentrate, "one of them is going to brighten and become unstable, and then blast the other one out of existence, resulting in a spectacular but ultimately hollow remnant."

Joe-Moe paused in the ear-chewing, and then murmured, "My bet is on you to go unstable first. So I think you're safe. I mean, it's pretty obvious you're brighter than I am."

"You know, I'm not actually sure about that," I said, unable to fight his logic, or his desire, or my incandescent desire for him, either.

The kiss I gave him next wasn't an outdoor kind of a kiss; it was unmistakably a behind-doors, under-sheets, bedroom kind of a kiss that left us both breathless and reaching for more and more of each other.

He looked away briefly, towards the observatory, and then back at me. "Axel's going to be a while. My place?"

Once it was decided, and we were driving further East through Cambridge, it was suddenly difficult to break the space between us and touch him. There was so much desire in that car that you could practically hear it, but neither of us seemed able to interrupt it.

Joe-Moe drove us beyond the area of the city I knew well, and then onto memorial avenue and right out of anywhere I'd been. I knew that the Tobin Bridge led to the city of Chelsea, and that the city was essentially a collection of the more industrial buildings and businesses that made up the Boston-Cambridge conurbation. But that was about it.

It turned out to be a busy, square-built, not-very-green land just over the river. It swallowed us up in its grid of streets, until Joe-Moe pulled over at a row of houses opposite a disused warehouse. The one we'd stopped outside looked the best of the bunch, with an evergreen creeper grown half across it and signs of the bare limbs of others across the rest.