Dream Cars

AMANI BANKS

~~ i pray for all the wrong you could do to me ~~

A few days had passed since i tried out meth and i was on it everyday. I was constantly telling Calum to prepare it for me and it was addicting. It made my empty soul feel alive again. It gave me feelings i couldnt properly explain.I couldn't stop. I wish i told someone. I wish i wrote in that journal.

'Once the principal found the drugs in our bags , thats it. We were expelled from that school.' Calum explained why he and Michael weren't in school. He said they dropped out but I knew they were lying.

I hadn't gone to school for 2 weeks now. I was thinking about dropping out too. You know , whats the use? My life is ruined. I mean i dont think going to school as a meth addict would be a clever thing to do

Calum lighted up a joint and after a few puffs he gave it to me. I was very light-headed from the meth and took the joint , taking in the drug as much as i could , not really caring what it was.

"You know what Amani , you're very fragile but you wont admit it." He said to me out of nowhere.

I rubbed my swollen eyes and smiled. I didnt have the energy to reply to him.

'Whats the last time you loved some one as much as you loved drugs?' I asked him , rubbing the grass beneath us.

'I never loved someone as much as i loved this feeling.' He said finishing the last of the joint.

_____________

We were sleeping in the shelter before i felt strong arms shaking me awake.

'Amani , get up. We're going on an adventure.' Micheal whispered into my ear , forefully grabbing me by my arm.

I was barely awake as he pulled me out onto the street. Calum and Micheal were mumbling a few words but i could barely understand them.

'This one looks decent.' Calum said pointing at a car. It was a small bue car , a 2009 model perhaps.

'What are we doing.' I said softly looing at Calum's moonlighted face. His face lighting never looked more gorgeous.

'We need a car , princess.' He said to me with a different tone. A tone I never heard from Calum. It sounded like sadness and pain.

'And..' I said trying to catch my breath. Another effect of meth , you get tired easily after the drug wears off. I couldn't understand what was happening at all and I felt like I was being forced. I wanted to go to Leah but we were in the alley.

Micheal handed me a rock and looked at me cold-heardidly

'Throw the rock at the car.' He said blankly , my heart speeding up.

'I'm not stealing a car.' I said trying to give the rock back to Micheal. He only backed away , the rock falling to the ground.

'Then i guess you have to pay for all the meth you took.' Micheal said smirking. I just wanted to wipe that smile off his face and go home.  I looked at Calum getting no response from him.  My blood went cold as I looked at the rock on the pavement.

It all came down to what i was going to do. My destiny was in my hands. I sighed deeply and picked up the rock. I tossed it around a few times trying to delay what I was about to do.  Michael sighed angrily and yelled at me : 'Just throw it already!' 

I felt his words put a hole through me as I threw the rock at the car's window , it shattering into a million pieces. 

Then tt was like it was all in slow motion.

The car's alarm went off. An incredibly loud noise echoing in the empty alleyway.

Everything was back into its original motion and Calum and Micheal jumped through the windows.

'COME ON!' Micheal yelled at me.

I jumped through the window ending up on Calum's lap , clenching onto him for dear life.

Micheal pressed the start up button of the car and started driving like a maniac. The car we took was in an alleyway so no cameras were in sight.

'Calum i'm scared.' Hugging into his t-shirt.

'I'm scared for you too.' He mumbled resting his head on mine.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

'Dream girls in cold cars

Cold girls in dream cars'

Amani , da fuq you doing man?

~Sila 💜